[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Can I hook a StarboardII to an A500?

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (07/23/90)

In article <152@sgfa.ssd.ray.com>, m1w@sgfa.ssd.ray.com (Michael A. Wiggins) writes:
>   1)  I currently own an A1000 with a StarboardII attached to the side giving
>       me a total of 2.5 Meg RAM.
>
>   2)  I am trying to transfer some of my artwork to 3/4" video tape at a
>       local production house.  This place has an A500 with only 1 Meg of RAM.
>       My animations will not fit and therefore cannot be recorded.
>
> Question: Can I take my StarboardII and slap it into his A500 (turning it
>           backwards, of course) without damaging his machine and/or the
>           Starboard?
>
>       Thanks.

Sure you can.  It'll work just fine.  In fact, our StarBoard 2/500 product
is essentially just that, except that we give you a box for it and some more
power.  Be careful about the power supply, the A500 supply ain't the greatest
thing, you know.  Also, make sure you don't put too much pressure on the
StarBoard or the A500 motherboard.

> | Mike Wiggins         | InterNet:                   | Dyslexics of the     |
> | 42 Atlantic Drive    | m1w@rayssde.ssd.ray.com     | world, untie!        |
> | Middletown, RI  02840| UseNet:                     | Clones are people    |
> | Raytheon Service Co. | !rayssd!rayssde!m1w!  (???) | two.                 |
[- O] Rick Stevens (Representing MicroBotics on Usenet and CIS)
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"