[comp.sys.amiga.tech] C on 3000

igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Peter Dufault) (07/25/90)

How well does Lattice C run on the 3000, and what is the latest version? Or
should I wait until an A3000 specific C package comes out?

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!igor
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!igor@nosc.mil
INET: igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (07/26/90)

In article <2918@orbit.cts.com> igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Peter Dufault) writes:
>How well does Lattice C run on the 3000, and what is the latest version? Or
>should I wait until an A3000 specific C package comes out?

Well for me it works like a dream. It compiles my current project
in ~1 min compared to 8-10 when using my old A2000.

What you would need wouldn't be an A3000 specific package
rather what you (and I ) are waiting for is a Compiler that supports
KICK 2.0......

					Karl
---

Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
University of Lulea,Sweden

Egoist: a person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
						- A. Bierce

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) (07/28/90)

In article <2918@orbit.cts.com> igor@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Peter Dufault) writes:
>How well does Lattice C run on the 3000, and what is the latest version? Or
>should I wait until an A3000 specific C package comes out?

It runs fine on the 3000.  I have one at work and one at home.
In fact, it's faster on the 3000 for some reason... :-)

There are two minor glitches in the package under 2.0:  LSE doesn't
handle workbench screens more than 2 bitplanes deep (funny dots above
the letters), and CPR has some cosmetic problems with 2.0-style window
borders.  Neither is terribly serious, although the 5.10 release will
fix both of those.

Obviously, 5.05 does not include the 2.0 header files from Commodore.
5.10 will include these.  (Look for a 5.10 announcement RRSN.)

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)382-8265 =
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker