[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Bug fixing programs

danbabcock@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/ph1) (07/30/90)

Dan Zenchelsky (dzenc@gnu.ai.mit.edu) wrote:

>Can someone list all of the bugs not covered by SetPatch (1.34), and their
>respective fix programs (and where to obtain these programs)...

I use the following bug-fixing programs (and I don't know about any
others):

SetPatch - general bug fixes
FastFonts (OK it's not a bug-fixer but it belongs here too)
wtfpatch3 - WindowToFront fix
TrackSalve 1.3 - trackdisk fixes
makevport_patch - MakeVPort fix

A message posted recently indicated that the bug in makevport causes
the WindowToFront problem (and thus wtfpatch3 is needless). I confess I'm a
bit ignorant in this matter, so I can't comment.

I *can* comment on TrackSalve...it's a heck of a program. If you don't
have, get it - and use it. I'm really impressed; if I were running a
company like C=, I'd try to hire the guy who wrote it. Incidentally, I
added the sync-on-$4489 feature (found in KS2.0) to TrackSalve. CrossDOS
4.00a depends on this (they supply a utility called TDPatch that also adds
the feature, but it can't be used with TrackSalve, and I'm sure not going
to work without TrackSalve!!). Source code is available for it (TrackSalve) too.

I sure wish C= would release a "final 1.3" that had all this stuff built
in. Actually, if they don't, I might be tempted to do it myself. BTW, I am
not working on the 2.0-recover-from-reset thing that I mentioned right now,
but I will come some rainy day...

This was originally written as a private message, but I assume many people
are interested, thus...!

-- Dan Babcock
Voice: (412)-373-1753
Internet: danbabcock@eklektik.pgh.pa.us