[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Green screen, led flashes on bootup

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (08/05/90)

Now that my A500 gave me a major scare the other day, I'd like to know:

What does it mean when it boots up to a green screen, and the red led
flashes twice in succession, followed by a pause (continuously)?

This has been covered before, I know... but, in my infinite wisdom, I
saw fit to simply ignore it... cuz my computer worked, why would I need
that info?  :-)   Now that my machine is acting up, I promise
to save and print out this information so I can refer to it forever and
ever.  Amen.
-Mike Schwager                             |"We must never permit the voice of
INTERNET:schwager@cs.uiuc.edu              | humanity within us to be silenced.
UUCP:{uunet|convex|pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager| It is man's sympathy with all
BITNET:schwager%cs.uiuc.edu@uiucvmd        | creatures  that first makes him
University of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci.| truly a man." -Albert Schweitzer

donb@bushido.uucp (Donald Burnett) (08/05/90)

Realizing netbandwidth etc.. Have you tried checking the seating
of the Agnus chip? Have your dealer do it if it's under warranty,
or you dont feel comfortable with it..

schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu (08/06/90)

> /* Written 10:31 am  Aug  5, 1990 by donb@bushido.uucp in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.amiga.tech */
> Realizing netbandwidth etc.. Have you tried checking the seating
> of the Agnus chip? Have your dealer do it if it's under warranty,
> or you dont feel comfortable with it..

Yup... I pushed everything back in.  Didn't work... but then, all the
sudden, the machine started working again.

Actually, what I'd like is a list of what all the colors and flashing LED
combinations mean.  Anybody have such a beast?

plav@cup.portal.com (Rick M Plavnicky) (08/09/90)

On 8/5/90 schwager@m.cs.uiuc.edu wrote:

>Actually, what I'd like is a list of what all the colors and flashing LED
>combinations mean.  Anybody have such a beast?

I've kept this around for quite a while.  It used to appear in the
``monthly intro'' postings.  Appologies, this is old stuff and I was
considering mailing it, but I haven't seen it lately so it may be of
general interest.