[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga - Lower Case command sequences

kevin@modcomp.UUCP (Kevin Smith) (08/03/90)

My old original Intuition manual says that you can use upper or
lower case characters with the Amiga key for command sequences.
I can't get lower case to work, upper works fine.  Is this a manual
bug or what?

Kevin Smith  uunet!modcomp!kevin

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (08/10/90)

In article <326@modcomp.UUCP> kevin@modcomp.UUCP (Kevin Smith) writes:
>My old original Intuition manual says that you can use upper or
>lower case characters with the Amiga key for command sequences.
>I can't get lower case to work, upper works fine.  Is this a manual
>bug or what?

From the keyboard, lowercase works fine.
  Left-Amiga + "v" and Left-Amiga + "b" for requesters,
  Left-Amiga + "n" and Left-Amiga + "m" to move screens,
  Right-Amiga + "x" to erase text in a string requester,
  Right-Amiga + lowercase character in menu short cuts.

However, lowercase in the menus themselves is a different story.
Are you trying to define a menu that has a keyboard shortcut using lowercase?
If you put uppercase letters in the menu definition, the user can use both
shifted and unshifted letters along with the Right-Amiga key.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms