[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lattice C - what is the latest version?

ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) (08/12/90)

	Subject says it all. Could you e-mail me please. There's no need to
post it yourself - I'm sure some idiot will post it anyway. The latest I've
heard is 5.05.

				Ian

Ian Rowlands                      | ianr@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au (main)
Dept. of Electrical Engineering,  | ianr@gondwana.ecr.mu.oz.au
 (including Computer Science)     | U431EL122@xvax.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
University of Melbourne           | (How can you have a funny quote in only 4 li

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) (08/14/90)

In article <5042@munnari.oz.au> ianr@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Ian ROWLANDS) writes:

>	Subject says it all. Could you e-mail me please. There's no need to
>post it yourself - I'm sure some idiot will post it anyway. The latest I've
>heard is 5.05.

[a friend who's on BIX sent me this....]

There is also talk of version 6.0 and of an upgrade to the C++ compiler
but no dates on these....

==========================
sas.c/amiga.c #130, from jtoebes, 3586 chars, Fri Aug  3 16:49:08 1990
There is/are comment(s) on this message.
--------------------------
SAS/C(r) compiler Version 5.10 for AmigaDOS

SAS Institute Inc. Will Release Upgrade of Lattice C for Amiga

   Cary, NC -- SAS Institute, Inc. announces Version 5.10 of its
SAS C Compiler for AmigaDOS.  Version 5.10 upgrades the Lattice
C compiler version 5.05 published by Lattice, Incorporated of
Lombard, Illinois.  The upgrade features improved workbench
support, an improved user interface, better AREXX support,
new UNIX(tm)-compatible library functions, improved error
messages and significant overall performance improvements.
AmigaDOS 2.0 include files and libraries are supplied for
AmigaDOS 2.0 development.

   As with the 5.05 release, the compiler package includes the
compiler and integrated editor, a global optimizer, a source-level
debugger, a code profiler, UNIX(tm) programmer utilities like grep
and diff, a 680x0 family macro assembler, an object module disassembler,
an object module librarian, and all required compiler header files.

   With 5.10, all development, marketing and technical support for
the product has been assumed by SAS Institute, Inc.  The Institute
has been responsible for development of the actual compiler since
version 4.0, but is now taking responsibility for the rest of the
product as well.

   Available August 8, 1990, the SAS/C Compiler for AmigaDOS
offers the following new features:

   *) AREXX support in the editor, LSE
   *) Automatic Icon creation from LSE and the linker, BLINK
   *) Full AmigaDOS 2.0 support
   *) Faster linker
   *) Support for running the make utility, LMK, from workbench
   *) Default compiler options stored in an environment variable,
      or in the project directory
   *) Point and click options-setting program
   *) Code profiler now supports multiple code hunks
   *) New keyword, __aligned, to force longword alignment of external,
      static or automatic data items
   *) Improved prototype generation, including typedef support
   *) User-specifiable preprocessor limits
   *) Automatic reassignment of near data to a far section if more than
      32k of near data is declared
   *) Support for the OFFSETOF macro to get structure offsets
   *) C++-style line comments
   *) Improved warnings for mismatched comments, mismatched #endifs, and
      unterminated macro invocations
   *) Number of parameters allowed to library routines raised to 14, thus
      allowing ALL AmigaDOS system calls to be accessed via #pragmas
   *) ^C checking during CPU-intensive parts of the Global Optimizer, GO
   *) Ability to set your program's stack size at compile time
   *) Ability to run the debugger, CPR, from the workbench
   *) Ability to debug programs with either workbench or CLI startup

   The suggested price of the complete SAS/C Compiler package is $300.00.
   Registered users of version 5 of Lattice C may upgrade to version 5.10
   for $40.00.  Registered customers with versions earlier than 5.0 or
   current Aztec C Customers can upgrade as well.  Contact SAS
   Institute, Inc. for more information.

   For further information, contact:

   SAS Institute, Inc.
   Book Sales: C Compiler
   SAS Campus Drive
   Cary, NC 27513-2414.

   Telephone (919) 677-8000 ask for x5042
   FAX       (919) 677-8166

Or join the sas.c/amiga.c conference on BIX.

Lattice is a registered trademark of Lattice, Inc.
SAS/C is a registered trademark of SAS Institute Inc.
Amiga is a registered trademark of Commodore-Amiga Inc.
Aztec C is a registered trademarks of Manx Software Systems.
Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T

--
Rich Carreiro                                    The "War on Drugs"
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                      is merely a smokescreen for