[comp.sys.amiga.tech] enviroment variables in scripts

josef@augs.ccs.imp.com (Josef Egloff) (08/09/90)

how can I use the contents of a enviroment variable (under OS 1.3) in
a script? where can I find more information about that? the enhancer
manual isn't very cooperative to this :-).

thanks, josef

--
<  Josef Egloff            |         USENET:  josef@augs.ccs.imp.com   >
<  Pfaffnernweg 19         |         PATH:    impch!accsys!augs!josef  >

In article <josef.101483@augs.ccs.imp.com> josef@augs.ccs.imp.com (Josef Egloff) writes:
>how can I use the contents of a enviroment variable (under OS 1.3) in
>a script? where can I find more information about that? the enhancer
>manual isn't very cooperative to this :-).
              ^^^^
              Agreed, but look into description of the Eval command,
there you find an example.

IF you understand German:
Ich habe im Amiga-Magazin vor einiger Zeit einen langen Artikel ueber
Shell-Programmierung veroeffentlicht, Heft 3/1990.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk