[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Power Mathematics

skank@du248-09.cc.iastate.edu (Skank George L) (08/24/90)

In article <3249@decuac.DEC.COM> baker@wbc.enet.dec.com writes:

>I've done a number of serious numerical projects on the Amiga
>(some orbital mechanics stuff for modeling planetary motion, an
>ODE solver, finite element stuff for PDE's, etc) using the FFP,
>IEEE double precision, and the '882 IEEE libraries.  My results
>were rock-solid when compared against the same code on other
>machines (VAXen).
>
>I'm running Lattice 5.04.

     I took a math class here at Iowa State on numerical analysis and I am very
interested in any C libraries/include files that preform the same functions as
are found in the Los Alamos LINPACK (Fortran...UGH) library.  In class I wrote
in C and called external Fortran subroutine subprograms (very painfull).  I'm
specifically interested in matrix manipulation, ODE solvers, and (fast)
Fourrier transforms.

                              Any help would be appreciated,
                                                      George