[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Manx linker query

Francis.Gardner@comp.vuw.ac.nz (08/24/90)

     I am aware that the Manx linker is capable of placing portions of a
 program into specified parts of memory.  What I am unsure about it how much
 "program" is put into these parts of memory.

 Does the position of the +c[cbd] (or +f[cbd]) in the command line affect
 which parts of the program are placed in memory?

 For example:
    I have a program that has a custom pointer.  The custom pointer lives in a
    file called (say) pointer.c which has been compiled to produce pointer.o.

    When I link my program with the following command line:

        ln myprog.o -lc +cd pointer.o

    Does all data from myprog.o and pointer.o get loaded into CHIP ram,
    or is it just the data in pointer.o ?
    What I want is to have only the data in pointer.o to be placed into
    CHIP ram.

  Thanks
  Francis

stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) (08/25/90)

Francis.Gardner@comp.vuw.ac.nz writes:
> For example:
>    I have a program that has a custom pointer.  The custom pointer lives in a
>    file called (say) pointer.c which has been compiled to produce pointer.o.

>    When I link my program with the following command line:

>        ln myprog.o -lc +cd pointer.o

>    Does all data from myprog.o and pointer.o get loaded into CHIP ram,
>    or is it just the data in pointer.o ?
Yes, all data is loaded inot CHIP RAM.

>    What I want is to have only the data in pointer.o to be placed into
>    CHIP ram.
Lattice uses the _chip notation for thisi, but MANX doesn't have this (SIGH!!)

	Stefan

Mail	: Stefan Becker, Holsteinstrasse 9, 5100 Aachen, West Germany +-------+
Phone	: +49-241-505705	FIDO: 2:242/7.6	    +-----------------+	  Call|
InterNet: stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de |Place free for ad's  now!|