[comp.sys.amiga.tech] DNET Questions

kasper@iesd.uucp (Kasper Osterbye) (03/16/89)

I am looking for two features in DNET, and thought maybe someone
had made them already.
    * Some kind of ARexx port to a FTERM. This is basically just
      be able to send commands to the remote host (like printing
      out the newly generated .dvi file from AmigaTeX). Maybe there
      is a easyier way that I just did not see?

    * Have someone made an Amiga termcap for FTERM to use?

Regards,
    Kasper.

--
Kasper Osterbye                     Internet: iesd!kasper@uunet.uu.net
Institute for electronic systems    UUCP: ...!mcvax!iesd!kasper

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/18/89)

[ Followups to comp.sys.amiga ... ]

In article <1472@iesd.uucp>, kasper@iesd (Kasper Osterbye) writes:
>    * Have someone made an Amiga termcap for FTERM to use?

Here's the Amiga termcap I made a couple of years ago and haven't had
any trouble with...

zj|amiga|Amiga 1000:\
        :al=\E[L:bs:cd=\E[J:ce=\E[K:cl=^L:cm=\E[%i%d;%dH:co#80:cr=^M:\
        :dc=\E[P:do=\E[B:kd=\EB:kl=\ED:kr=\EC:ku=\EA:li#25:nd=\E[C:\
        :sf=\E[S:sr=\E[T:up=\E[A:bw:am:so=\E[7m:se=\E[m:bl=^G:\
        :dl=\E[M:us=\E[4m:ue=\E[0m:ho=\E[H:is=\E[20l:

...tad

deven@pawl.rpi.edu (Deven Corzine) (03/21/89)

In article <1472@iesd.uucp> kasper@iesd.uucp (Kasper Osterbye) writes:
>I am looking for two features in DNET, and thought maybe someone
>had made them already.
>    * Some kind of ARexx port to a FTERM. This is basically just
>      be able to send commands to the remote host (like printing
>      out the newly generated .dvi file from AmigaTeX). Maybe there
>      is a easyier way that I just did not see?

The problem I have with ARexx ports is that it increases the size of
the program, and it's currently useless to me since I don't have
ARexx.  (yet)  *sigh*

>    * Have someone made an Amiga termcap for FTERM to use?

FTERM simply uses the Amiga console device.

Here is the entry from SunOS 4.0 /etc/termcap for the Amiga console:

# rough draft of Amiga termcap by Mike Meyer
AA|amiga|Amiga ANSI:\
	:co#80:li#25:am:do=\E[B:ce=\E[K:cd=\E[J:\
	:cl=\E[H\E[J:ku=\E[A:kd=\E[B:kl=\E[C:kr=\E[D:kb=^H:\
	:al=\E[L:dl=\E[M:le=^H:cm=\E[%i%d;%dH:nd=\E[C:up=\E[A:\
	:ce=\E[K:ho=\E[H:dc=\E[P:ic=\E[@:\
	:so=\E[2m:se=\E[m:us=\E[4m:ue=\E[m:mr=\E[7m:mb=\E[7;2m:me=\E[m:

It works rather nicely with FTERM, even getting the screen size right
if you run vi or emacs or whatever.  Defaults to 80x25 if it can't
figure it out.  (usually when you rlogin somewhere...)

Deven
--
------- shadow@pawl.rpi.edu ------- Deven Thomas Corzine ---------------------
Cogito  shadow@acm.rpi.edu          2346 15th Street            Pi-Rho America

stevef@bony1.uucp (Steve Faiwiszewski) (08/22/90)

I have a few questions about DNet.  I'm running with version 2.10 on a
DECstation 3100, going through a terminal server.  Everything works
fine (well, usually) except when I attempt to use putfile from the
Amiga side.  Putfile will seem to work correctly all the way till the
end, and then display the message "Queued.." (or is it 'Queued
waiting...', I don't remember off hand), and then just sit there.
Once in a while a checksum error gets printed, and that's it.  Does
anyone know what's going on?  Getfiles works fine.

Is there a more recent version of Dnet?  Is so, where can I get it?
Is there an NFS interface?  How do I set it up?  I saw a msg
mentioning this, but the DNet docs I have say nothing about it.

Any info would be appreciated.
                                Thanks,
                                        - Steve -

Internet: stevef@bony.COM    |              Steve Faiwiszewski
          stevef@bony1.UUCP  |                   --=::=--
bang    : uunet!bony1!stevef |       C++ : a strongly hyped language

hclausen@adspdk.CBMNET (Henrik Clausen) (08/27/90)

>In article <1990Aug21.215221.9387@bony1.uucp> stevef@bony1.uucp (Steve Faiwiszewski) writes:
>
>I have a few questions about DNet.  I'm running with version 2.10 on a
>DECstation 3100, going through a terminal server.  Everything works
>fine (well, usually) except when I attempt to use putfile from the
>Amiga side.  Putfile will seem to work correctly all the way till the
>end, and then display the message "Queued.." (or is it 'Queued
>waiting...', I don't remember off hand), and then just sit there.
>Once in a while a checksum error gets printed, and that's it.  Does
>anyone know what's going on?  Getfiles works fine.

   Perhaps the DECstation spools the data to some serial handler, which in
turn spews out your data. Are you still sending/receiving data? Running off
a Sunstation had this interesting behaviour that it'd push out the whole file
to some modem daemon, apparently very fast, and then wait. Eventually, the file
always got there.

>Is there an NFS interface?

   Amiga<->Amiga, the Software Distillery NET-handler, is the closest you get.

                                         -Henrik

--
|            Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data (Fido: 2:230/22.33)           |
|           ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmehq!adspdk!hclausen           |