[comp.sys.amiga.tech] using janus.library

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) (08/15/90)

A new A2500/30 + '286 BridgeBoard user in our group has gotten around
to doing some hacking.  He would like to know if he can get any documentation
on the Janus.library.  He wants to write some software thaty uses both
the Amiga and IBM sides of the machine, but doesn;t know how to do it
since there are no docs.  He owns the RKMs, but of course, there's no
Janus stuff in them.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Rich Carreiro                                    The "War on Drugs"
ARPA: rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                      is merely a smokescreen for

In article <1990Aug14.183951.11252@athena.mit.edu> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) writes:
>A new A2500/30 + '286 BridgeBoard user in our group has gotten around
>to doing some hacking.  He would like to know if he can get any documentation
>on the Janus.library.

Get the "Amiga Tech Ref Manual" for description of the Janus library.
For registered developers there are also disks available with the
needed includes and examples.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

wschmidt@phobix (Wolfram Schmidt) (08/23/90)

In article <319@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
[...]
>Get the "Amiga Tech Ref Manual" for description of the Janus library.

Well, in Germany you have bad luck. The dealer wasn't able to get it from CBM
for me. If you are only registered developer you wouldn't get it from CBM even
if you payed for it. You will have to pay DM 120-130 to Schaltungsdienst Lange.
If you want anything useful, you will ahve to go certified (and pay for it).
The problem for me: I needed a comercial product in development. All I want is
all sort of documentation; nothing else. 1/2 Grrr.

Wolfram Schmidt
wschmidt@iao.fhg.de
Wolfram Schmidt   Teckstr. 11   7056 Weinstadt   Germany   +49-7151/62408   MET!

andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips 289 8712) (08/24/90)

In article <319@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:
>In article <1990Aug14.183951.11252@athena.mit.edu> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (The Veteran Cosmic Rocker) writes:
>> ... can get any documentation on the Janus.library.
>
>Get the "Amiga Tech Ref Manual" for description of the Janus library.
>For registered developers there are also disks available with the
>needed includes and examples.

Is this the Bridgeboard Technical Reference Manual that many people
have mentioned (but which Commodore Australia denies the existence of)?
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au) Phone +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712

In article <1029@teslab.lab.OZ> andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au (Andrew Phillips  289 8712) writes:

>Is this the Bridgeboard Technical Reference Manual that many people
>have mentioned (but which Commodore Australia denies the existence of)?

No, I don't know about a "Bridgeboard Tech Ref Manual". Perhaps this is
confused with the Bridgeboard Service Manual for repair issues that is
sometines also called Tech Ref Man.?

Definitely I was talking about the "Amiga Tech Ref Man" that contains
explanations of expansion bus, autoconfig sw & hw, Amiga schematics
AND explanation of bridgeboards and their janus software. (Though
availability might be a problem in some countries.) In USA this is
sold by CATS to developers.