[comp.sys.amiga.tech] SAS/C 5.10 or Lattice upgrade policy

schuck@marge.math.binghamton.edu (chris schuck) (08/27/90)

This is a question regarding Lattice's policy about acknowledging
registration and sending out update notices.  I purchased Lattice C
5.05 on June 25 of this year and sent in the registration card within
five days after.  I have received no acknowledgement since or notice
of the upgrade to 5.10.  What I need to know is if this is normal for
Lattice to take this long, or if I can figure that something is wrong,
i.e. the registration card was lost, etc.  If that is the case then I
will have to write to Lattice and try to straighten it out.  (I see
everyone saying good luck to you buddy!)  So any response regarding
the experience any of you Lattice users out there have had would be
most helpful.  Thanks in advance for any info.

				Christopher Schuck

Christopher H. Schuck                                             //
schuck@marge.math.binghamton.edu                              \\ //
76662.1335@compuserve.com                                      \X/

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) (08/31/90)

In article <3897@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> schuck@marge.math.binghamton.edu (chris schuck) writes:

>This is a question regarding Lattice's policy about acknowledging
>registration and sending out update notices.  I purchased Lattice C
>5.05 on June 25 of this year and sent in the registration card within
>five days after.  I have received no acknowledgement since or notice
>of the upgrade to 5.10.  What I need to know is if this is normal for

Write to the following address:

   SAS Institute, Inc
   Amiga C Compiler Registration
   SAS Campus Drive
   Cary, NC 27513

Tell them what you've said here, and include your registration number.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =
 *|. o.| ||
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker

alexhagn@neabbs.UUCP (ALEXANDER HAGEN) (09/01/90)

schuck@marge.math.binghamton.edu (chris schuck) wrote:

> and sent in the registration card within five days after. I have
> received no acknowledgement since or notice of the upgrade to 5.10.

Although I'm living in the Netherlands, I've bought my Lattice C Compiler
in the States at about the same time you did. I have send the registration
card to Lattice and haven't heard of them since.

I have sent a Fax message to SAS (rather expensive from here) asking them
if there is something wrong with my registration. I have included some
proof of purchase.

I know from experience that it takes exactly one week to sent a reply by
snail-mail from San Diego to the Netherlands. I'll expect an answer within
the next two weeks. Then I'll know for sure wether SAS continues the
registration policy of Lattice.
       _
     _/_\__  Alexander Hagen, Newtonstraat 20, NL-4532 KH Terneuzen
 ````-o--o-  UUCP: alexhagn@neabbs.UUCP & FIDO: 2:285/403.2