[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Zaphod??????

ccsi@wpi.wpi.edu (William Conrad) (09/07/90)

	I just got the program "Amiga Real Time Monitor" and it indicates
that I have a process running called "Zaphodservicetask."   I would like
to know if anybody has encountered this before.
                Thanks!

        /// Bill Conrad  (ccsi/Choplifter)  |  ccsi@wpi.wpi.edu
       ///   Just another Digital Dreamer |  WPI (We Pay Incredibly)
  \\\ ///  "No matter where you go, there you are."  -Buckaroo Banzi
   \\X//     -Alphas never die.  They just get older and wiser.-
            _____________________________________|______
                              __I___              |__         /|
                          ____)    /              /%/        / |______
                       __/ |       \_____________/ /|       /         |
                     _/____| Choplifter __________/  |      \   ______|
 *   *   *  *  *====(__________________/                     \ |
                   "  ___/________/__                         \|
                    "
                      "

In article <15159@wpi.wpi.edu> ccsi@wpi.wpi.edu (William Conrad) writes:

>	I just got the program "Amiga Real Time Monitor" and it indicates
>that I have a process running called "Zaphodservicetask."   I would like
>to know if anybody has encountered this before.

You know that Zaphod is a two-head man out of Hitchhiker's Guide through
the Galaxy. It appears that you have a bridgeboard. Zaphod is one of
the service tasks for data interchange between Amiga and bridgeboard.
So Zaphod is very close to Janus which is the overall name of all
this bridgeboard software.

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel  // E-Mail to   \\ Only my personal opinions...
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany  \X/ {uunet!pyramid!rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk

donb@bushido.uucp (Donald Burnett) (09/08/90)

In article <15159@wpi.wpi.edu> ccsi@wpi.wpi.edu (William Conrad) writes:

>	I just got the program "Amiga Real Time Monitor" and it indicates
>that I have a process running called "Zaphodservicetask."   I would like
>to know if anybody has encountered this before.
>                Thanks!

>        /// Bill Conrad  (ccsi/Choplifter)  |  ccsi@wpi.wpi.edu
>       ///   Just another Digital Dreamer |  WPI (We Pay Incredibly)
>  \\\ ///  "No matter where you go, there you are."  -Buckaroo Banzi
>   \\X//     -Alphas never die.  They just get older and wiser.-
>            _____________________________________|______
>                              __I___              |__         /|
>                          ____)    /              /%/        / |______
>                       __/ |       \_____________/ /|       /         |
>                     _/____| Choplifter __________/  |      \   ______|
> *   *   *  *  *====(__________________/                     \ |
>                   "  ___/________/__                         \|
>                    "
>                      "

Hey, this one I can possibly answer, is there a chance you have a
Bridgeboard?? Zaphod (if I don't miss my guess) was one of the code
names for bridgeboard software development (along with Janus) and
if you have ever read hitchhikers guide it's quite appropriate :-)

*********    donb@bushido.uucp                            ******
********* "My Opinions are my own, not anyone else's      ******
********* Organizational Affiliations                     ******
********* CreativEdge Systems, the Multimedia Solution    ******