[comp.sys.amiga.tech] CygnusEd Pro

In <david.7294@starsoft.UUCP>, david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) writes:

>6. A more complete pattern matching ability. Inclusion of such 'wild cards'
>   as ^ for start of line and $ for end of line would really help. Ideally,
>   full regular expressions are needed.

Use the CTRL J to signify EOL or BOL in searches. For example...

<^J>foo
foo<^J>

will search for foo at BOL or EOL, respectively. Unfortunately, I think this
can only be done from within the editor, and not from an ARexx script.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (09/06/90)

><^J>foo
>foo<^J>
>
>will search for foo at BOL or EOL, respectively. Unfortunately, I think this
>can only be done from within the editor, and not from an ARexx script.

I think this CAN be done from arexx what's the Hex Code for ^j ?

do a  line like this.
CJ = char(Hex of the ^j)
string = string || CJ /* this adds ^j to end of string*/
search string

 see no reason this woilden't work.
.

NOW MY PROBLEM.

I got files i can't find on my floppy, they run and act like they is thers.,
but they don't show up, Yes i tried the -h file option of
ls 4.0k (i'm usinf this ls) but these files don't
show up on browser/dir/list/anything else i use.

BUT THE FILES ARE THERE!, They WORK they run they are invisible!.

any ideas.
.

--
yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Agricultural  Engineering, Purdue University

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (09/07/90)

In article <1990Sep6.034821.9389@ecn.purdue.edu> yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) writes:
>NOW MY PROBLEM.
>
>I got files i can't find on my floppy, they run and act like they is thers.,
>but they don't show up, Yes i tried the -h file option of
>ls 4.0k (i'm usinf this ls) but these files don't
>show up on browser/dir/list/anything else i use.
>
>BUT THE FILES ARE THERE!, They WORK they run they are invisible!.
>
>any ideas.

most likely the hash chains on your floppy directory are either
broken, or if an ffs floppy, become unsorted.

DiskSalv can recover the files onto another floppy in this case.

The in-place disk fixers (diskdoctor, fixdisk) probably won't
handle it.

The disk optimizers will completely destroy the floppy.
(requiring diskdoctor or fixdisk to get it back to even
the unsorted state)

>yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York

			andy

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Usenet: A method for college students to demonstrate job qualifications
 and suitability to potential employers."

mrr@mrsoft.Newport.RI.US (Mark Rinfret) (09/12/90)

>In article <1990Sep6.034821.9389@ecn.purdue.edu> yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) writes:
>NOW MY PROBLEM.
>
>I got files i can't find on my floppy, they run and act like they is thers.,
>but they don't show up, Yes i tried the -h file option of
>ls 4.0k (i'm usinf this ls) but these files don't
>show up on browser/dir/list/anything else i use.
>
>BUT THE FILES ARE THERE!, They WORK they run they are invisible!.
>
>any ideas.

Your problem may be at least partially due to the fact that ls 4.0 is
case-sensitive. I went back to 3.2 (I think) because of this.

Mark

# Mark R. Rinfret, MRSoft               Home: 401-846-7639      #
# mrr@mrsoft, galaxia!mrsoft!mrr        Work: 401-849-9930 x301 #

aaron@madnix.UUCP (Aaron Avery) (09/13/90)

In article <1928@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
>Use the CTRL J to signify EOL or BOL in searches. For example...

>will search for foo at BOL or EOL, respectively. Unfortunately, I think this
>can only be done from within the editor, and not from an ARexx script.

This is no problem. Just use '0A'X to signify the ctrl-J character in ARexx.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Avery, ASDG Inc.         "A mime is a terrible thing to waste."
                                                             -- Robin Williams