[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A500 freaky clock probs.

owhite@nmsu.edu (Spambreath) (09/14/90)

hi-

i own an A500 w an A501 and have a question. the built in clock
in my A501 doesn't seem to work right. when i boot workbench
1.3 i get the correct time and date but any software i use that uses
the clock, does not function properly. the software runs but the clock
always show's the same time. this also happens when i use the clock
icon from extras 1.3, it shows me the clock but never updates it.

any advice on this one. ???

thanks

owhite@dante.nmsu.edu

ovb10@erato.cs.kun.nl (09/14/90)

owhite@nmsu.edu (Spambreath) writes:

>i own an A500 w an A501 and have a question. the built in clock
>in my A501 doesn't seem to work right. when i boot workbench
>1.3 i get the correct time and date but any software i use that uses
>the clock, does not function properly. the software runs but the clock
>always show's the same time. this also happens when i use the clock
>icon from extras 1.3, it shows me the clock but never updates it.

This probably isn't it, but have you put "Setclock opt load" in
the startup-sequences of the disks that you want to use with the
clock? This will load the correct time in the system clock.
Don't forget to put "Setclock" AND "Date" in the C directories of
those disks, but you knew that ofcourse.

(At least, your clock, I hope. Mine gives me ridiculous times like
 23 september 1978 or 12 july 2005, even after several resets to
 the right date with preferences AND "setclock opt save". This will
 work for a week or so, after that, the date gets messed up somehow.
 Anybody out there know why? Lemme know when you do 8-) )

>thanks

>owhite@dante.nmsu.edu

My pleasure,
    Patrick Atoon           |   "It's never too late to start
    University of Nijmegen  |    your own crackpot religion"
    The Netherlands         |
    ovb10@erato.cs.kun.nl   |