[comp.sys.amiga.tech] FTP/Telnet available?

ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/19/90)

Re: my last note asking for help about Ethernet, FTP and telnet.

Thanks, but I am no longer in need of this info. Whereas I couldn't get any
info from Commodore about it, I did speak to Dale Luck (of GfxBase),
who knew more than the C= reps.
It seems the NFS-TCP/IP software is supposed to be out at the end of the
month, and should do everything I need. Dale assured me that the software
was going to be "good stuff"! This really sounds like good news.

Richard Gerber

kevin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Kevin Klop) (09/20/90)

He also writes:

>Re: my last note asking for help about Ethernet, FTP and telnet.
>
>Thanks, but I am no longer in need of this info. Whereas I couldn't get any
>info from Commodore about it, I did speak to Dale Luck (of GfxBase),
>who knew more than the C= reps.
>It seems the NFS-TCP/IP software is supposed to be out at the end of the
>month, and should do everything I need. Dale assured me that the software
>was going to be "good stuff"! This really sounds like good news.
>
>Richard Gerber

The commodore TCP/IP software will allow you to do rlogin, telnet, and ftp
operations across a network.  It is currently in use throughout Commodore
for those exact things, plus others.  As to the delivery date, well, as
everyone on the net knows, we ain't allowed to talk about that. ;^)

			-- Kevin --

--
Kevin Klop		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!kevin
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

	``Be excellent to each other.''
		- Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure

Disclaimer: _I_ don't know what I said, much less my employer.

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (09/20/90)

In article <1237000016@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>It seems the NFS-TCP/IP software is supposed to be out at the end of the
>month, and should do everything I need. Dale assured me that the software
>was going to be "good stuff"! This really sounds like good news.

Last I heard this _DOES NOT_ come with whatever you need to be able to
write programs which communicate across the net.  Will this release contain
a socket library or it's equivelent?

--
-Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)