[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Missing files in 2.0

Where's the FKEYS commodity live these days? It's not on any of the disks
that came with my 3000, and the version on the 2.0 beta 5 disks is too large
for a regular sized workbench screen. I was sure it was there the first time
I booted but now it's vanished...

Maybe I imagined it.

Another thing... is there a version of the 2.0 autodocs that works with the
infominder from the 1.2 autodocs available?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

sdowdy@triton.unm.edu (Stephen Dowdy) (09/26/90)

In article <6638@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
}Where's the FKEYS commodity live these days? It's not on any of the disks
}that came with my 3000, and the version on the 2.0 beta 5 disks is too large
}for a regular sized workbench screen. I was sure it was there the first time
}I booted but now it's vanished...
}
}Maybe I imagined it.

I also Imagined seeing it!  Perhaps the "System Software" Manual is soooooo
good, that it makes you believe you were really there :-)  [Virtual Reality
Documentation, what a concept!]

}--
}Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
}<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

If it was simply an oversight to leave FKeys out of the distribution
would it be at all possible to Post it UUencoded to the net, or place
it on abcfd20?  I'd really like to have it (as others appear to as well)
and i don't see much problem with globally releasing a single application
that requires you have 2.0 anyway.  If it wasn't an oversight, then
nevermind.

--stephen
--
$! stephen dowdy (AOSED@acvax.inre.asu.edu)
$! BITNET:   sdowdy@unmb

billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) (09/28/90)

In article <1990Sep26.053054.20146@ariel.unm.edu> sdowdy@triton.unm.edu (Stephen Dowdy) writes:
:In article <6638@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
:}Where's the FKEYS commodity live these days? It's not on any of the disks
:}that came with my 3000, and the version on the 2.0 beta 5 disks is too large
:}for a regular sized workbench screen. I was sure it was there the first time
:}I booted but now it's vanished...
:}
:}Maybe I imagined it.
:
:I also Imagined seeing it!  Perhaps the "System Software" Manual is soooooo
:good, that it makes you believe you were really there :-)  [Virtual Reality
:Documentation, what a concept!]
:
:}--
:}Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
:}<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
:
:--stephen
:--
:$! stephen dowdy (AOSED@acvax.inre.asu.edu)
:$! BITNET:   sdowdy@unmb
:$! Internet: sdowdy@law.UNM.EDU
:$!      Team SPAM in '87!            SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!

	Well, in my 2.02 beta 2 distribution disks, FKeys is in the Commodities
directory within Tools. I forget which floppy it was on, but that's where it
ended up on my hard drive.

--
     -Bill Seymour             ...tektronix!reed!percival!agora!billsey
Bejed, Inc.       NES, Inc.        Northwest Amiga Group    At Home Sometimes

In article <1990Sep27.204728.25233@agora.uucp> billsey@agora.uucp (Bill Seymour) writes:
> 	Well, in my 2.02 beta 2 distribution disks, FKeys is in the Commodities
> directory within Tools. I forget which floppy it was on, but that's where it
> ended up on my hard drive.

I found a copy in my 2.0 beta 5 disks, but even on a 217 line screen the
FKEYS window is too tall to fit. I'm one of those people who can't handle
interlace, and a multiscan monitor is out of my budget right now.

Either a version of fkeys that can handle smaller screens, or a version of
workbench that handles dragging windows off-screen (like every other windowing
system I've ever used, dammit... expanded workbench is *not* the same thing!)
would be nice.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.