[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Filesystem Handler Info wanted.

tom@microsoft.UUCP (Tom MCCONNELL) (10/03/90)

I would like information on where I could find out how to write my own
filesystem handler.  I have the Amiga RKM Exec and RKM Intuition and RKM
Libraries and Devices manuals, as well as Mortimer and Peck's books, but I
haven't been able to find any references on how to do this.

I also have the articles by John Toebes from past Amiga Transacter issues, but
the info is not as complete as I would like.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Tom

--
"Hey COW!"  _____________((
           /       **    o \    ______     _______________________

p554mve@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de (Michael van Elst) (10/04/90)

In article <57913@microsoft.UUCP> tom@microsoft.UUCP (Tom MCCONNELL) writes:
>I would like information on where I could find out how to write my own
>filesystem handler.  I have the Amiga RKM Exec and RKM Intuition and RKM
>Libraries and Devices manuals, as well as Mortimer and Peck's books, but I
>haven't been able to find any references on how to do this.

The RKMs don't say much about filesystem handlers (read: nothing).
The AmigDOS technical manual says sth about BCPL handlers and there
are certain examples on various fish disks.

I can mail some info but our mailer doesn't like microsoft.UUCP

Regards,
--
Michael van Elst
UUCP:     universe!local-cluster!milky-way!sol!earth!uunet!unido!mpirbn!p554mve