[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Does anayone know what this is??

yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) (09/28/90)

I just noticed the other day that there is an entry on the ports list in
Xoper v2.2 that I can't identify.  here is the offending entry:

   NODE   PORTNAME        FLAGS SIGBT NUM SIGTASK

 0021b570 FF2:)           Ignore    0   0 --------

(snap is cool, no?)

I probably wouldn't be too worried about this, but the smiley face makes me a
bit suspicious.

I have a stock 2500/30.  I don't think it's associated with any software I'm
(knowingly...) running, as I removed all of the stuff I had running and it
still remains.  Probably, it is inocuous, but I thought I'd ask, to see if
someone could identify it for me.

kenny
--
         Ken Yarnall                 ///   yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.EDU
          Math Department, USC   \\\///   yarnall@ucseast.UUCP

In <1990Sep28.165756.16764@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu>, yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) writes:
>I just noticed the other day that there is an entry on the ports list in
>Xoper v2.2 that I can't identify.  here is the offending entry:
>
>   NODE   PORTNAME        FLAGS SIGBT NUM SIGTASK
>
> 0021b570 FF2:)           Ignore    0   0 --------
>
>(snap is cool, no?)
>
>I probably wouldn't be too worried about this, but the smiley face makes me a
>bit suspicious.
>
>I have a stock 2500/30.  I don't think it's associated with any software I'm
>(knowingly...) running, as I removed all of the stuff I had running and it
>still remains.  Probably, it is inocuous, but I thought I'd ask, to see if
>someone could identify it for me.

It's a port for ff (fastfonts).

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

dzenc@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Dan Zenchelsky) (10/05/90)

In article <1990Sep28.165756.16764@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu> yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Yarnall) writes:

>I just noticed the other day that there is an entry on the ports list in
>Xoper v2.2 that I can't identify.  here is the offending entry:
>
>   NODE   PORTNAME        FLAGS SIGBT NUM SIGTASK
>
> 0021b570 FF2:)           Ignore    0   0 --------
>
>         Ken Yarnall                 ///   yarnall@opusc.csd.scarolina.EDU

It's FastFonts.  I'll bet you're running 1.3, and it's in your startup-
sequence.  I saw this one on BIX a while ago, glad I remembered it :-)

-Dan

| ||    |o|     Dan Zenchelsky     |                                        |
| ||____| |                        |    Any sufficiently advanced bug is    |
| |  ___  |  dzenc@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |    indistinguishable from a feature.   |