[comp.sys.amiga.tech] 2.0 problems with GVP controller

alfredo@ajahnv.lonestar.org (Alfredo Jahn V) (10/04/90)

I am trying to bring up the 2.02 beta OS on my A2000.  If I boot up
on the stock workbench floppy, the system comes up (it doesn't know
about the hard disk).  I copied the hard disk driver (supplied by
GVP with it's IMPACT A2000 SCSI Plus 8 controller board) into the
floppy's expansion directory.  Now when I boot up, I hear the hard
disk make a short bit of access noise, then I get a "task held"
requestor!  Any ideas?  The startup-sequence does a "binddrivers"
call.  Do I need a different version of the scsi GVP driver??
I am using ZKICK to install the kickstart...

System: A2000, 1.2 ROMS, 5 Meg RAM, GVP controller, Rodime 205 Meg
        hard disk, Developer PreRelease 9/17/90 2.02 (36.77).

BTW, the system works just fine with 1.3...

Please EMAIL any suggestions and/or comments.  Thanks in advance.

 - alfredo jahn

-------------------------------//-----------------------------------------
 Alfredo Jahn V               //    Internet: alfredo@ajahnv.lonestar.org
 3208 Cole Avenue         \\ //  UUCP: {convex,uunet}!digi!ajahnv!alfredo
 Dallas, TX  75204  USA    \X/                      Voice: (214) 855-1316

rbabel@babylon.UUCP (Ralph Babel) (10/07/90)

In article <alfredo.8170@ajahnv.lonestar.org>
alfredo@ajahnv.lonestar.org (Alfredo Jahn V) writes:

> I copied the hard disk driver (supplied by GVP with it's
> IMPACT A2000 SCSI Plus 8 controller board) into the
> floppy's expansion directory.  Now when I boot up, I hear
> the hard disk make a short bit of access noise, then I get
> a "task held" requestor!

This is a bug in the 2.0 AddDosNode() function. According to
Bryce, it's fixed in KS 36.206 and above. Temporary patch:
Set ExpansionBase->lib_Revision to 61 or below before
calling "BindDrivers".

Ralph