[comp.sys.amiga.tech] DrawBevelBoxA

davids@ucscb.ucsc.edu (Dave Schreiber) (10/07/90)

I'm trying to get the function DrawBevelBoxA() to work, but with no
success.  Below is what I'm doing;  anyone have any ideas what the
problem is?

/*#include's deleted to save bandwidth*/

struct TagItem bbTag[]=
{
   {TAG_DONE,NULL}
};

#define Rp Window->RPort

struct Window *Window;
struct IntuitionBase *IntuitionBase;
struct GadToolsBase *GadToolsBase;

struct NewWindow NW =
{
   100,100,100,100,0,1,
   NULL,
   WINDOWDRAG,
   NULL,
   NULL,
   "My window!",
   NULL,
   NULL,
   100,100,
   100,100,
   WBENCHSCREEN
};

main()
{
/*I've left out checking the return values so as to save bandwidth*/
   IntuitionBase=(struct Library *)OpenLibrary("intuition.library",0L);
   GadToolsBase=(struct GadToolsBase *)OpenLibrary("gadtools.library",0L);
   Window=(struct Window *)OpenWindow(&NW);

   DrawBevelBoxA(Rp,10,10,10,10,bbTag);

   Delay(100);

   CloseWindow(Window);
   CloseLibrary(GadToolsBase);
   CloseLibrary(IntuitionBase);
}

The window is opened, the program pauses for 2 seconds, then the window
is closed.  The box is never drawn.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Dave Schreiber                                    davids@slugmail.ucsc.edu
                                or (but not both) davids@ucscb.ucsc.edu

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (10/08/90)

In article <7555@darkstar.ucsc.edu> davids@ucscb.ucsc.edu (Dave Schreiber) writes:

>I'm trying to get the function DrawBevelBoxA() to work, but with no
>success.  Below is what I'm doing;  anyone have any ideas what the
>problem is?
>
>struct TagItem bbTag[]=
>{
>   {TAG_DONE,NULL}
>};

You have to supply the return from GetVisualInfo() in the gadtools
stuff.

    {GT_VisualInfo,vi}

Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky