[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Rev 6 & 512K chip

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/01/90)

I tried a little expirement the other night.

I have a Rev 6 mother board, with the 1 meg agnus chip.

I tried to change that to 512K chip & 512K almost-fast by moving jumper
101 from pins 2-3 to pins 1-2.

Well...this almost works. I got my 512K chip ram, but I also had 0K
fast ram.

Is there any way to make this work?

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

frix@hexagon.se (Fredrik Rothamel) (10/08/90)

In article <david.9366@starsoft.UUCP> david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>I tried a little expirement the other night.
>I have a Rev 6 mother board, with the 1 meg agnus chip.
>I tried to change that to 512K chip & 512K almost-fast by moving jumper
>101 from pins 2-3 to pins 1-2.
>Well...this almost works. I got my 512K chip ram, but I also had 0K
>fast ram.
>
>Is there any way to make this work?

To make the computer accept your extra memory as "fast" you have to
connect pin 32 (_EXRAM) on the 'internal' connector to pin 33 or 34
(ground).

--
Fredrik Rothamel						frix@hexagon.se
					    ...sunic!kullmar!pkmab!hexagon!frix