[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Commodore Software Engineering Positions offered

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (10/10/90)

<NOTE: this has also been posted to misc.jobs.offered>

Commodore, the world leader in design, manufacture, and sales
of home and personal computers, is seeking qualified individuals
to work in our West Chester, PA corporate engineering organization.

In our exciting environment, hardware, software, and VLSI engineers
work as a single team to specify and develop new systems.  As a small
entrepreneurial organization, each engineer is a significant contributer
through the actual market introduction of his new product.  As a large
corporation, Commodore has the resources to successfully develop and
market new products very quickly.  Commodore maintains its own complete
vertically integrated manufacturing operations from silicon foundry to
final product.

SYSTEM SOFTWARE

The Amiga System Software Group of Commodore technology has several
openings for individuals to develop and enhance the Amiga Computer system.
Become part of the team of designers who shape the next generation of
Amiga system software.

GRAPHICS SECTION LEADER

Responsibilities will include planning and coordination of worldwide
Commodore-Amiga graphics development, including the Amiga graphics
library, device independent graphics development, and support of new
graphics hardware platforms.

Candidates should posess a MS in Software Engineering or
equivalant, plus a minimum of 5 years experience as a software
engineer, with at least two years as a project manager or above.
C programming experience is required.  Knowledge of 68000 assembler,
the Amiga and UNIX(R) systems is highly desirable.

SENIOR FONT PROGRAMMER

Responsibilities will include a development work on the outline font rendering
system to be used on the Amiga computer, and the bitmap font rendering system.

Candidates should have a BS in computer science or equivalent, and a
minimum of 3 years of programming outline font systems.  C programming
experience is required.  Knowledge of 68000 assembler, the Amiga and UNIX (R)
systems is highly desirable.

SENIOR GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER

Responsibilities include development work on the Amiga graphics library,
including development work on a device independent graphics library as
well as extending the current graphics library to new hardware platforms.

Candidates should have a MS in computer science with a specialization
in graphics, and a minimum of 4 years programming experience of
graphics systems.  C and 68000 assembly programming experience
is required.  Knowledge of the Amiga and UNIX(R) systems highly desirable.

Interested parties may contact Andy Finkel via USENET at uunet!cbmvax!andy or
via BIX at afinkel.

Commodore Technology Group is situated in West Chester, PA about 30
miles west of Philadelphia.  The site is within commuting distance of
many Philadelphia area campuses.  An educational benefit plan is
available to full time employees, as a part of a comprehensive
benefits package.

For immediate consideration, please write:

Jean Pepe
Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive Inc., West Chester, PA  19380

Please indicate the position(s) for which you are applying.

Commodore is an affirmative action employer. M/F/H/V.

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"He always did have a keen grasp of the obvious"

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (10/11/90)

In article <14999@cbmvax.commodore.com> andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) writes:
>GRAPHICS SECTION LEADER
>
>Responsibilities will include planning and coordination of worldwide
>Commodore-Amiga graphics development, including the Amiga graphics
>library, device independent graphics development, and support of new
>graphics hardware platforms.

  Aha! This is how we find out what's goin on inside Commodore; read
their job postings! So, we finally have informal confirmation that (a)
device-independent graphic libraries are a project underway, and (b) new
graphics hardware is under development.  And they need new people to
help them do it, so they're serious.

  I'm sure asking for more detail is asking too much.  I suppose I could
apply for the job and glean what I can from the interview... Heck, maybe
I could even get the job...
--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /

jdickson@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Jeff Dickson) (10/12/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.tech
Subject: Execute() function call