[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Line art artifacts

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (10/12/90)

Every line art demo I have (Mackie, SuperLines, DLineArt, Klide) leaves
pixel artifacts on the screen.  Why is this?  Not to compare the machines,
but every line demo I've seen on a Mac have been clean (but slower, granted,
even on a Mac II).  I'm running them on a one-meg 500.

It would seem, at least mathematically, that this shouldn't be happening.
The number of artifacts left behind seems independent of the number of
tasks running concurrently.

What's the deal?

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 |     ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Consultant
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow... bleeding ulcers. | with a computer I LIKE"

In <1990Oct11.234711.21107@portia.Stanford.EDU>, bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>Every line art demo I have (Mackie, SuperLines, DLineArt, Klide) leaves
>pixel artifacts on the screen.  Why is this?  Not to compare the machines,
>but every line demo I've seen on a Mac have been clean (but slower, granted,
>even on a Mac II).  I'm running them on a one-meg 500.

Hmm... never noticed it in DLineArt, though some of the algorithms did leave
parts of lines on the screen. This is SMOP (simply a matter of programming).
The one single screenblanker I did (DStringArt, for use with DMouse) does not
leave pixel artifacts. It does, however, run slowly, since it looks like crap
when run quickly. I tied it to the vertical interval, drawing 1 line per frame.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

lindwall@beowulf.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct11.234711.21107@portia.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>Every line art demo I have (Mackie, SuperLines, DLineArt, Klide) leaves
>pixel artifacts on the screen.  Why is this?

Sounds like your machine is due for a check up.  I don't have these
problems on my system.

--
John Lindwall			lindwall@ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/20/90)

Nope. Neither Mackie or dLineart does any of that. (Ever run dLineart
while playing the "Song" song that came with MED?)
s/

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu