[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Spice

skank@du248-09.cc.iastate.edu (Skank George L) (08/31/90)

     Hello all, the two versions of ASpice I have were compiled with the
coprorcessor options turned off, I was wondering if there is anyone out there
in net-land who has a version of ASpice that was compiled with the coprocessor
options turned on, and if so, is available from any FTP sites?  Additionally,
does anyone know anything about Spice version 3.0, I've heard many rumors but
no solid (i.e.: reliable) facts.  If such a beast in fact exists, what are
it's cababilities?
                                   George

Dennis_Grant@CMR001.BITNET (10/22/90)

     Is this Spice program the analog circuit simulator? The one that lets
you model a circuit, and the treat it as if it were the real thing? The one
that would simplify my life tremendously vs Physics 423 (Electronics)?

     Is it (cross fingers) PD?

     Where can I find it?

Anxiously awaiting reply,

| Dennis Grant DETUD595@CMR001.BITNET |   There ain't no replacement |
| Computer Science (Systems) student  |   for cubic displacement.    |
| at CMR.       (The "other" MilCol)  |                              |
|                All standard disclaimers apply                      |

cedman@lynx.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) (10/22/90)

In article <901021.17595994.034319@CMR.CP6> Dennis_Grant@CMR001.BITNET writes:
	Is this Spice program the analog circuit simulator? The one that lets
   you model a circuit, and the treat it as if it were the real thing? The one
   that would simplify my life tremendously vs Physics 423 (Electronics)?

	Is it (cross fingers) PD?

	Where can I find it?

   Anxiously awaiting reply,

Yes, to all your questions. My little rexx-script (just enter "pd spice")
just revealed it to be on Fish 177. Hope this helps.

	Carl Edman

Theorectial Physicist,N.:A physicist whose   | Send mail
existence is postulated, to make the numbers |  to
balance but who is never actually observed   | cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu
in the laboratory.                           | edmanc@uciph0.ps.uci.edu

Dennis_Grant@CMR001.BITNET (10/24/90)

Proving that yes, bonehead accidental deletes are possible with the
simplest of mail systems.....

     2 people answered my inquiries into Spice with an offer to send me a
version, D.R. Christmann, and somebody whose letter I accidently fed to the
CP-6 MAIL gods.

     To that somebody: Yes, please send me a copy. Dustin tried, but my
UUDECODEr claimed that his copy was missing characters, and so when I un-
Lharced it, it was corrupt. (The Guru was spectacular!)

     Please send it UUENCODEd, and whatever archive you prefer. Incidently,
I only need the Spice executable and the SpiceMan.doc. I managed to salvage
the rest.

(Dustin, thanks for the first effort. I'm posting this in case the second
try doesn't work)

    Sorry to use up bandwidth,

chipb@FtCollins.NCR.com (Chip.Brewster) (10/24/90)

In article <901021.17595994.034319@CMR.CP6>, Dennis_Grant@CMR001.BITNET writes:

>      Is this Spice program the analog circuit simulator? The one that lets
> you model a circuit, and the treat it as if it were the real thing? The one
> that would simplify my life tremendously vs Physics 423 (Electronics)?
>
>      Is it (cross fingers) PD?
>
>      Where can I find it?

SPICE is it, but I don't think it will eliminate all your problems
with physics.  I haven't taken an exam yet where SPICE simulation was
allowed. 8^)

It isn't PD.  It comes from Berkeley for a small materials fee or more
polished versions can be purchased from many vendors such as PSpice
from MicroSim (they have an ad in most electronics-related mags).

There is a freely distributable version on the Amiga called
(you guessed it) ASpice.  It can be obtained from any Fish Disk source
on disk #278.  It's a little slow as it does not support a 68020 or
68881.  There is also a plotting program that comes with GWIN on Fish
Disk #322.

Chip Brewster
UUCP: {ncr-sd,uunet}!ncrlnk!ncr-mpd!bach!chipb
ARPA: Chip.Brewster@FtCollins.NCR.com
USPS: NCR Microelectronics, 2001 Danfield Ct MS470A, Ft Collins, CO, 80525
BELL: (303) 223-5100 ext. 423

sjorr@lion.uwaterloo.ca (Stephen Orr) (10/25/90)

Chip Brewster writes...

>There is a freely distributable version on the Amiga called
>(you guessed it) ASpice.  It can be obtained from any Fish Disk source
>on disk #278.  It's a little slow as it does not support a 68020 or
>68881.  There is also a plotting program that comes with GWIN on Fish
>Disk #322.

The version of Spice I am using prints a banner which says (ala snap):

AmigaSpice 5.0     (Spice 2G.6)

This Program is Public Domain

 Usage:
 SPICE i/o_file

sounds pretty PD to me. Also there is a file available via anonymous
FTP at sunee.waterloo.edu (I believe this is right) called SPlot which
was written by an ex-roommate of mine and myself last year ehich eats
Spice output files for breakfast. Has user cursors, supports up to 8
traces etc.

Both programs work fine with my 030, and spice shows better than 3x
speed increase on the 030.

					Stephen Orr
>Chip Brewster
>UUCP: {ncr-sd,uunet}!ncrlnk!ncr-mpd!bach!chipb
>ARPA: Chip.Brewster@FtCollins.NCR.com
>USPS: NCR Microelectronics, 2001 Danfield Ct MS470A, Ft Collins, CO, 80525
>BELL: (303) 223-5100 ext. 423

---
to lazy to .sig
---