[comp.sys.amiga.tech] SLIP on an Amiga

peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney) (10/17/90)

Okay everyone.
SLIP should be available for the Amiga by now (???).
Has anyone seen it or have it and especially got it working.
I need the low level drivers and all the associated stuff (everything).
eg. telnet (or rlogin), ftp etc. etc. NFS would be nice but this is probably
too much to ask.
Any hints would be most welcome.
Taa, PeterK.

--
Peter Kerney. Silicon Graphics, Sydney, Australia. (peterk@syd.sgi.oz.au)

If you can't have an IRIS at home,
have the next best thing, an Amiga !!!

guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com (W. John Guineau) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct17.022041.5504@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au>,
peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney) writes:
|> From: peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney)
|> Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.tech
|> Subject: SLIP on an Amiga
|>
|> Okay everyone.
|> SLIP should be available for the Amiga by now (???).
|> Has anyone seen it or have it and especially got it working.
|> I need the low level drivers and all the associated stuff (everything).
|> eg. telnet (or rlogin), ftp etc. etc. NFS would be nice but this is probably
|> too much to ask.
|> Any hints would be most welcome.
|> Taa, PeterK.
|>
|> --
|> Peter Kerney. Silicon Graphics, Sydney, Australia. (peterk@syd.sgi.oz.au)
|>
|> If you can't have an IRIS at home,
|> have the next best thing, an Amiga !!!

Check into the KA9Q package.

--
W. John Guineau   			guineau@wjg.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation

steve@cs.uow.edu.au (Stephen Cliffe) (10/21/90)

peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney) writes:

>Okay everyone.
>SLIP should be available for the Amiga by now (???).

It's getting there. I have a package which supports SLIP but only goes
as far as UDP at the moment so it's not much use to you yet. It's just
about to go out to some beta testers while I start work on the TCP layer.

Hopefully it should be ready after the christmas break.

Steve.

Stephen Cliffe,				| Phone:    +61 42 270810
Dept. of Computer Science,		| Fax:      +61 42 297768
University of Wollongong,		| ACSnet:   steve@cs.uow.oz
Wollongong NSW 2500,			| UUCP:     ..!munnari!wolfen.oz!steve
Australia.				| Internet: steve@cs.uow.EDU.AU

smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steve Palm) (10/23/90)

To: steve@cs.uow.edu.au

 SC> It's getting there. I have a package which supports SLIP but only goes
 SC> as far as UDP at the moment so it's not much use to you yet. It's just
 SC> about to go out to some beta testers while I start work on the TCP layer.

 What is SLFP ?  I had used a version of KA9Q (?) for the PC that would work
 with Michigan's MERIT network.  I know that the Amiga version of the similar
 program will not work with a modem currently, nor will it function with the
 MERIT network.  Someone told me that it needed the SLFP mods done on it.  If
 you know anything of this, I'd appreciate your response.  Also, please mail
 me when you finish your project.

--
     ///  AMIGA: | Steve Palm, Sysop of FidoNet node 1:11/16
    ///  FOR THE | UUCP: {gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!myamiga!smp

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (10/25/90)

From article <1990Oct17.022041.5504@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au>, by peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney):
> SLIP should be available for the Amiga by now (???).
> Has anyone seen it or have it and especially got it working.

You can get it with a tcp/ip implementaition including telnet and ftp
on one of the fred fish disks, its the KA9Q internet package that was
orriginally done for MSDOS.  The fred fish version works on the amiga
but is not documented at all.  I can post instructions on how to get
it to work with slip if you need it.

VAX Headroom
DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU
dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil
or use the from: line.

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (10/25/90)

dave@unislc.uucp writes:
> From article <1990Oc[Dt17.022041.5504@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au>, by
> peterk@foetus.syd.sgi.oz.au (Peter Kerney):
> > SLIP should be available for the Amiga by now (???).
> > Has anyone seen it or have it and especially got it working.
>
> You can get it with a tcp/ip implementaition including telnet and ftp
> on one of the fred fish disks, its the KA9Q internet package that was
> orriginally done for MSDOS.  The fred fish version works on the amiga
> but is not documented at all.  I can post instructions on how to get
> it to work with slip if you need it.

If you can't find the Fish disk, a more recent version is available via anon
ftp, from sayshell.umd.edu (128.8.2.88)--amiganos900418.zoo. [sigh] Yes, docs
would be nice...but they are available for the MSDOS implementation (I haven't
looked at it, but it wouldn't take much to amend it for Amiga users...).

I've never SLIPped on an Amiga, but I've tripped over the box. Does that count?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.