[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Scrolling text in a window using a propgadget.

jupiter@olympus.mlb.fl.us (Kurt R. Hawkes) (10/24/90)

I am looking for 'C' source code examples for scrolling text vertically
in a window using a proportional gadget.  I would also be interested in
examples of scrolling text horizontally with a gadget, but it is not
important.  If you know of where I could find such examples, please
mail me a message.  If you happen to have some examples on you, please
mail them to me (if you don't mind).

Thanks in advance,
Kurt Hawkes

--
 Kurt Hawkes              Amiga 2000  (Hey, it works! Works well!)
                    //                (Just cover up dhe C word!)

forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas) (10/25/90)

In article <jupiter.5464@olympus.mlb.fl.us>, Kurt R. Hawkes writes:

> I am looking for 'C' source code examples for scrolling text vertically
> in a window using a proportional gadget. [...]
> --
>  Kurt Hawkes              Amiga 2000  (Hey, it works! Works well!)

Look at the Fish disk #107 in the ProSuite directory from RJ Mical.
You will find fine source code using  prop gadget.
--
                                     \___/
Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/28/90)

>In article <181ac833.ARN02101@swinjm.UUCP> forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas) writes:
>In article <jupiter.5464@olympus.mlb.fl.us>, Kurt R. Hawkes writes:
>
>> I am looking for 'C' source code examples for scrolling text vertically
>> in a window using a proportional gadget. [...]
>> --
>>  Kurt Hawkes              Amiga 2000  (Hey, it works! Works well!)
>
>Look at the Fish disk #107 in the ProSuite directory from RJ Mical.
>You will find fine source code using  prop gadget.
>
>                                     \___/

On Fish disk 344, are all the example program sources from the RKM: Libs and
devices manual.

One of these files, called gadgets.c, is an excellent example of scrolling
with prop gadgets. The RKM gives a good tutorial on how to use this
routine.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic