[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Aborting printing

phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Philip Hingston) (10/30/90)

If anyone has handy some example code showing the good way to do a simple
dump of a rastport, at the same time supplying a requester to enable the
user to abort the print, I'd be very grateful.

I have something going but it is flakey, sometimes bombing, sometimes losing
memory. For example, I'm unsure what messages to expect and when at my
message port.

Thanks.	phi

--
Philip Hingston, Computer Science,ACSnet: phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz
R.M.I.T.                          ARPA:   phi%goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au@uunet.uu.net

ewout@topcat.cbm.commodore.com (Ewout Walraven - CATS) (10/30/90)

phi@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Philip Hingston) writes:

>If anyone has handy some example code showing the good way to do a simple
>dump of a rastport, at the same time supplying a requester to enable the
>user to abort the print, I'd be very grateful.

>I have something going but it is flakey, sometimes bombing, sometimes losing
>memory. For example, I'm unsure what messages to expect and when at my
>message port.

Use the dumprastport example in the printer.device chapter of the 1.3 RKM.
Source and executable of all the RKM examples can be found on Fish disk 344.