[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Quick help on stricmp, stcul_d and stcu_d needed desperately!

chymes@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) (10/30/90)

Help!,
What do the lattice/SAS functions stricmp, stcul_d and stcu_d do, and
how can I replace them with MANX code?
I got souce for a library that I need to recomplile for MANX, but
these functions don't exist in any of my 5.0 libs.

I've got a REAL WORLD DEADLINE comming up, so your quick help will
very likely save my month.

Charlweed Hymerfan

new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.141559.21974@csmil.umich.edu> chymes@zug.csmil.umich.edu (Charles Hymes) writes:
>What do the lattice/SAS functions stricmp, stcul_d and stcu_d do, and

stricmp is strcmp that ignores upper/lower case differences.

int stcul_d (char out[12], unsigned long ulvalue) converts the unsigned long
to a string of ascii digits (like sprintf) and returns the number of digits
output excluding the trailing '\0'.  The '\0' is appended, there is no
special leading character for positive numbers, and a zero turns into "0".

int stcu_d(char out[6], unsigned int uivalue) is as above but
for just an int.

>I've got a REAL WORLD DEADLINE comming up, so your quick help will
>very likely save my month.

What's my commission?  :-)
				 -- Darren
--
--- Darren New --- Grad Student --- CIS --- Univ. of Delaware ---
----- Network Protocols, Graphics, Programming Languages,