[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Problems with screen using A500+A590

G.Palmer@qut.edu.au (10/30/90)

I am having problems with some software on my A500 + A501 + A590.

The problem I have seen in XCopy 2.2 and some demo games on Amiga Format
disks is that a small region of the screen has crap on it. In the case of
XCopy and Menace the region in error is white, whilst in the game on AF disk 13
(can't remember the name of the damn thing) the problem manifests itself as two
vertical black bars on the screen. In each case removing the A590 cures the
problem. Is this likely to be a h/w problem or s/w. The later I'm not too
concerned about. In each case, so, far, the software otherwise performs as
expected.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Palmer.

(G.Palmer@qut.edu.au)

borgen@stud.cs.uit.no (Boerge Noest) (10/31/90)

In article <19575.272d3786@qut.edu.au> G.Palmer@qut.edu.au writes:

>I am having problems with some software on my A500 + A501 + A590.
>
>The problem I have seen in XCopy 2.2 and some demo games on Amiga Format
>disks is that a small region of the screen has crap on it. In the case of
[...]
>vertical black bars on the screen. In each case removing the A590 cures the
>problem. Is this likely to be a h/w problem or s/w. The later I'm not too
It could be the dreaded FFS-location $0 again. Some programmers have found
that setting the sprites to $0 and turning them off will remove them. Only
problem is: if $0 is something else than #0 you get garbage in the sprites.
Look at what's in $0 and see if you need an upgrade to your FFS.
>Greg Palmer.
|///  borgen@stud.cs.uit.no   (Borge Nost)   				 \\\|
|//   ...and then there was AMIGA...					  \\|
|/    studying at the worlds northernmost university			   \|