[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A-MAX

dkanthar@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Devaprasad Kantharaj) (11/08/89)

Does anybody know if Readysoft is going to have an upgrade for their
A-Max product. I've heard rumors that they are and that it is going to have
support for hard drives. Is this true? How about color? Are they waiting
for the new 24-bit video board for the Amiga?

Hmmmm.....

Thanks.

(I will post all answers...)

Prasad

smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steve Palm) (10/19/90)

(Short time reader, first time poster)

A freind recent brought his A-Max (original version) over for me to try out.
I am running a V6.2 motherboard A2000, 3 Megs of ram (with Supra 2000), fatter
Agnus, 2 3.5" drives, and TrumpCard Controller.

The problem:  WHen I booted up A-Max it functioned Great.  Even the TCBoot
utility would work to bring up the TrumpCard controller under A-Max.  However,
as Murphy will tell you, there is a problem...

Any attempt to bring up the Programmers Interrupt will lock up the machine.
It doesn't matter if I remove ALL hardware from the computer except for the
one 3.5" drive required to run, it still does the same thing.  It locks up
TIGHT.  The drives stop clicking and everything.  It doesn't matter if I do it
while A-Max is waiting for a boot disk or after it's booted.

A call to Readysoft yeilded, "We've never heard of anything like that.
Perhaps it's your keyboard," (huh??) "try another one.  Other than that, I
don't know what to tell you.  A-Max II works fine."

My Question is:  Has anyone else ever encountered this sort of problem, and if
so, what did you do to fix it?  I really would like to get A-Max, but if I
can't see it running on MY machine, I will not buy it.  I'm sorry, but I don't
buy "The solution is to buy A-Max II".

Thank you for your time and help!

--
     ///  AMIGA: | Steve Palm, Sysop of FidoNet node 1:11/16
    ///  FOR THE | UUCP: {gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!myamiga!smp

steve_collins@f805.n680.fido.oz.au (Steve Collins) (11/03/90)

How does one connect a Macintosh drive to an Amiga?  Any advice
gratefully accepted ....
--- TBBS v2.1/NM
 * Origin: ADAM, 2,100 MEGS R/W 32 line TBBS call us 08-370-5775 (680/805)