[comp.sys.amiga.tech] THINKER and Non-Ham megacolour

pochron@cat44.cs.wisc.edu (David Pochron) writes:
[...]

> The really funky thing do to is to write a Copper list that changes
> screen resolutions mid-screen - HORIZONTALLY! It's easy to do and
> really impresses your friends when they see a Hi-res "window" in the
> middle of a lo-res display. I am really impressed by the accuracy of
> the Copper's "WAIT x,y" command.

Is THAT how that's done. I mooched a copy of Thinker (really nice
HyperTEXT (not Hypercard) environment) in return for a promise to put up
a review here [RSN]), and it can pull images into the current window. I
thought it was my imagination, but now I'm convinced; I was sliding
around high res images in real time on a low res screen. Incredibly
impressive indeed.

I'll save my hype on Thinker for my review, but the ads are in Amazing
Computing, e.g., and it is at least a very fun, extremely impressive
toy; links are created in real time as one types the document, and the
speed is at least acceptable on a 68000 box, considering that it reflows
the document to fit the current window every time you relocate the
current position. I expect it would be awesome on a 68030. I haven't
tried enough stuff with it to know how much use it would be as a tool.
Maybe I'll write the next David's Sling (in joke ;-) with Thinker.

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, ongoing comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.