[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Subject: Re: Assembly question from turnip

bartonr@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (How many characters does chfn allow?) (11/04/90)

ggk@tirith.UUCP (Gregory Kritsch) writes:
> Define "Mainenance code"?  As far as I know, there is none.

  There may or may not be such code in any given function.  You could
disassemble the library containing the function and check it, but there is no
guarantee the code will be the same in a later version of the library.

> Unless I'm mistaken (if I am, someone correct me please), but CCR is part of
> the return value definition of a function.

  You are mistaken.  When the function returns, the return value should be in
D0.  This has been documented since around 1985.

>  Therefore, if the SetFunction() code didn't appropriately set the CCR,
> it would be considered broken.

  Not as long as it put the proper value in D0.