[comp.sys.amiga.tech] So...

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) (11/04/90)

There really isn't an answer to the 2.0/WShell question I posted earlier?  Why
do I have to click the close gadget 5 times on the WShell window to close it,
and How can I change it?

Kurt "Koleman" Koller - tcnet!orbit!pnet51!koleman

bcphyagi@Twg-S5.uucp (Stephen Walton) (11/06/90)

In article <3414@orbit.cts.com> koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) writes:
>Why do I have to click the close gadget 5 times on the WShell window to close
>it,

Because each click sends to the WShell the equivalent of a console-generated
end-of-file (control-backslash), and 5 are needed to stop WShell (see section
3-3 of the WShell manual).  Incidentally, Bill Hawes plans to have this number
be a user-settable option in the next rev of WShell.

>How can I change it?

You can't.  If you want to have the close gadget work under 2.0, you'll have
to use ConMan.  My compromise was to mount CNC: (example mountlist entry on
the WShell distribution disk in the :devs/mountlist file).  I changed the
CONSOLE= tooltype on the icon to point to CNC: instead of CON:, and also
set the Shellwindow environment variable to CNC: etc.  A trailing /c after
the window title turns on the close gadget.   This way, I get ConMan windows
with WShell and AmigaOS CON: windows with Amiga Shell.  The only thing I lose
is the cut-and-paste to WShell windows.

My guess is that, based on prior experience, Bill will be releasing a WShell
update which addresses all these issues and more, just as he did when the
AmigaOS 1.2->1.3 upgrade came out.

--
Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

gerry@dialogic.com (Gerry Lachac) (11/07/90)

In article <1990Nov5.233430.18209@csun.edu> bcphyagi@Twg-S5.uucp (Stephen Walton) writes:

>My guess is that, based on prior experience, Bill will be releasing a WShell
>update which addresses all these issues and more, just as he did when the
>AmigaOS 1.2->1.3 upgrade came out.

On Bix there is some type of modified library for WShell use with 2.0
that was upload by Mr. Hawes this past week (if memory serves me
correctly).  I am not quite sure what it is, since I only have WShell
and no 2.0 and didn't bother looking.

--
uunet!dialogic!gerry   | "Even a dead plant turns  |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  over a new leaf 	   |	300 Littleton Rd