[comp.sys.amiga.tech] File created on 2.0 AmigaDos not readable on 1.3.2

keithw@we.UUCP (Keith Wilke) (10/28/90)

.

    Has any one else had any problems reading files that were created under
AmigaDos 2.0 using the old OS.  The text file in question can not be read
properly under 1.3.2 but can be read under 2.0.

    A program I have that reads the file, locks , unlocks and Opens the file
using the normal AmigaDos "Lock", "UnLock", and "Open" calls, but returns
a IOErr code of 286 when it trys to Read the file.  I tryied to look this
code up, but it is not a "Valid" error code.  Any ideas?

   By the way, my program is not the only thing that has problems with
this file.  Under 1.3.2, "TYPE" does not type any thing, and a "more"
program I have just prints out the first 512 bytes of text.  Under 2.0,
every program can read the file.

--

Keith Wilke - keithw%we@nosc.mil or ...!ucsd!nosc!we!keithw
7687-F Rancho Fanita

blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Dr. Blubaugh) (10/30/90)

In <0754.AA0754@we> keithw@we.UUCP (Keith Wilke) writes:

>    Has any one else had any problems reading files that were created under
>AmigaDos 2.0 using the old OS.  The text file in question can not be read
>properly under 1.3.2 but can be read under 2.0.

    I have seen this problem too.  I noticed that unZOOing onto a
freshly formatted disk created a disk with files that were only visible
under 2.0 and not 1.3.  I just got the new kickstart 36.207/workbench
36.69 and it appears that the SetPatch has fixed this problem.

--
Dwight Blubaugh Ph.D.
UUCP: {decuac,mit-eddie,phri,pyramid}!uccba!ucqais!blubaugh.UUCP

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) (11/09/90)

In article <2534@ucqais.uc.edu> blubaugh@ucqais.uc.edu (Dr. Blubaugh) writes:
>>The text file in question can not be read
>>properly under 1.3.2 but can be read under 2.0.
>
>I just got the new kickstart 36.207/workbench
>36.69 and it appears that the SetPatch has fixed this problem.

BLAAAAAAAAAP.  Correct answer, incorrect conclusion.  All the bugs were fixed
in the Kickstart.  At the moment, the setpatch is little more than a place
holder.

2.00 Kickstart had a bug that caused the above problem.  The A3000 2.02 Update
Disk fixes that bug, and more.

--
|\_/|  . "ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!"  "Lawyers: America's untapped export market."
{X o} .     Bryce Nesbitt, Operating Systems Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.