[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Nuked batter backed up clock on A500

jayl@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Jay Lawrence) (11/09/90)

Grrr, a mutant process on  my computer seems to have nuked my
battery backed up clock.  I have seen the fix for this for an
A2000, but have never seen this happen on an A500.  Is there
the code out there to restore my clock registers?  Please e-mail
me personally with a reply!  Thanks for all help, etc!

Jay Lawrence
University of Waterloo

--
        //                    ______
       // Warning:            \    /  <- Pretend its a lovely shade

lhotka@incstar.uucp (Glamdring) (11/13/90)

In article <1990Nov9.080907.13700@watcsc.waterloo.edu>, jayl@watcsc.waterloo.edu (Jay Lawrence) writes:
> Grrr, a mutant process on  my computer seems to have nuked my
> battery backed up clock.  I have seen the fix for this for an

This happened to me and I had a heck of a time getting it fixed.
It is possible that you can use

	SETCLOCK OPT RESET
	or
	SETCLOCK RESET

under 1.3, but in my case this had no effect at all - 'battery
backed up clock not found' was my only response...

Finally someone suggested using the 1.2 SETCLOCK command - I tried
it and IT WORKED.  Now my clock is happy once again and I don't need
to set it every time I reboot.
/ Rockford Lhotka				INCSTAR Corp	       \
| Applications Project Leader			PO Box 285	       |
| incstar!lhotka@uunet.uu.net         		1990 Industrial Blvd   |
\ 612/779-1701					Stillwater, MN 55082   /