[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga IFF <--> Sun Raster File

jsevinsk@digi.lonestar.org (John Sevinsky) (11/17/90)

Does anybody know of any program that will convert an Amiga IFF format
picture into a Sun raster format picture and vice versa?

John

stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) (11/17/90)

jsevinsk@digi.lonestar.org (John Sevinsky) writes:

>Does anybody know of any program that will convert an Amiga IFF format
>picture into a Sun raster format picture and vice versa?

For IFF => Sun, check out the IFFtoSun program on Fred Fish 223...this program
funs on the Amiga.  Also IFF2Sun on FF223  (which is the one I use) runs on
the Sun side.

For Sun=>IFF, the FBM package will probably work (FF334).

Steve Masters  stevem@hal.CSS.GOV
ENSCO, Inc.
Melbourne, FL  USA  32940
(407) 254 4122

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) (11/19/90)

stevem@hal.CSS.GOV (Steve Masters) writes:
>jsevinsk@digi.lonestar.org (John Sevinsky) writes:
>>Does anybody know of any program that will convert an Amiga IFF format
>>picture into a Sun raster format picture and vice versa?
>
>For IFF => Sun, check out the IFFtoSun program on Fred Fish 223...this program
>funs on the Amiga.  Also IFF2Sun on FF223  (which is the one I use) runs on
>the Sun side.
>
>For Sun=>IFF, the FBM package will probably work (FF334).

Although it hasn't been posted to comp.{binaries|sources}.amiga, if you
are going to use "FBM" to do and pictures conversion, DON'T.  Instead,
use the "PBMPLUS" utility that is twice as powerful and handles many
better formats. The biggest plus about the PBM package is that the
Amiga IFF conversion utilities actually look GOOD!  The "fbmtoham" and
other conversion utilities in "FBM" produce very bad results.

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.