[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Bridgeboard & A3000 problems again!

yamanaka@cv.sony.co.jp (Brian YAMANAKA) (11/19/90)

Just when I got the Bridgboard working in my 3000 under 2.0, more
problems have appeared!

I just got the Applied Engineering internal modem which I have to say
is a very nice modem.  The problem is that now the A2286 bridgeboard
can't find the Janus libraries again.  Earlier I solved the problem by
moving the binddrivers command to the very top of the
Startup-Sequence.  At least it's not a total loss since everything is
still A-OK when using 1.3.

So does anyone have any ideas?  Does Commodore have any comments on
improving the compaitbility of 286 bridgeboards and 3000's?  It seems
such a shame that I have to reboot into 1.3 everytime I want to use
the bridgeboard - kind of removes the attractiveness of multi-tasking.
 I don't know what I'll do when I finally have to put 2.0 ROM's in.

Hey that's a good question - will we still be able to choose 1.3 or
2.0 when the ROM's are installed?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
  Brian YAMANAKA                         |"I knew I should have made that
  Sony Corporation, Consumer Video Group | left turn at Alburqurque."
  Email: yamanaka@cv.sony.co.jp          |                      -Bugs Bunny

bill@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bill Koester) (11/21/90)

In article <YAMANAKA.90Nov19121853@fairlady.cv.sony.co.jp> yamanaka@cv.sony.co.jp (Brian YAMANAKA) writes:
>Just when I got the Bridgboard working in my 3000 under 2.0, more
>problems have appeared!
>
>I just got the Applied Engineering internal modem which I have to say
>is a very nice modem.  The problem is that now the A2286 bridgeboard
>can't find the Janus libraries again.  Earlier I solved the problem by
>moving the binddrivers command to the very top of the
>Startup-Sequence.  At least it's not a total loss since everything is
>still A-OK when using 1.3.

Try 'cpu nodatacache' before the binddrivers command. Also check your BB
manual and make sure that memory and IO addresses do not conflict.

			BK