[comp.sys.amiga.tech] help

S.J.Raybould@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) (09/24/90)

HELP!

My amiga is broke !!!

I have an Amiga B2000 with 8088 bridge board and 20M PC Hard Disk.

When I boot, I get GURU 00000004.00001970

This looks like it is failing to find some hardware to me ??

If I now press the left mouse button, The "Hand" comes up and I can boot up.

BUT - When the machine is up, the clock does not advance from the time it
read in from the battery backed up clock ?

Please Help

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+
|   British Telecom Fulcrum  | name : Simon John Raybould   {^.^}   |
|   Fordrough Lane           | path : sie@fulcrum.bt.co.uk   \~/    |
|   Birmingham               +-----------+--------------------------|
|   B9 5LD                   |   //      | AMIGA B2000              |
|   ENGLAND                  | \X/AMIGA  | Lattice C V5.05          |
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+=-=-=-=-=-=+=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-+

In article <-QK%%3_@masalla.fulcrum.bt.co.uk> S.J.Raybould@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) writes:
>My amiga is broke !!!
>I have an Amiga B2000 with 8088 bridge board and 20M PC Hard Disk.
>When I boot, I get GURU 00000004.00001970

Everytime when an A2000 with an A2088 bridgeboard shows weird behaviour,
then pull out the bridgeboard, look at EVERY socketed chip, reseat them
or push them firmly into their sockets, and finally reseat the board
properly back into the A2000. There must have been used some cheap
sockets. This helps in 95 % of the cases.

dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (David R. Tyler) (10/02/90)

 sorry for the play on words, but this gadget thing is driving me nuts!

 I am defining a screen full of BOOL gadgets, with Intuitext as the
 main component and a double border, (one border structure chains into
 another), to allow me to make a "3Dish" effect.

 My problem is, i want most of these gadgets to be disabled or "GHOSTED"
 until one of 2 gadgets is selected (that is, i want them disabled until
 the user decides what he wants to do).

 I have been setting the Gadget.Flags field to GADGDISABLED (when Created) and then
 testing for those 2 gadgets (above), when they are selected, it was supposed
 to UNGHOST all of them, (via OnGadget, and then a RefreshGList)...

 the wierd thing is, only the BORDERS UNGHOSTED! The Text stayed Ghosted,
 and you could select any of the gadgets (atleast that much worked!)

 My Need is, HOW do i get this darn thing to UNGHOST the TEXT!?

 i have also tried:

 resetting the GADGDISABLED flag manually and then refreshing. I have also tried
 removing each gadget, resetting the flag, Adding it back in, and then refreshing.

 none of these worked either!

 My Roomie just suggested i might want to make my GadgetWindow a
  SMARTREFRESH window, but would that affect gadgets?????

 sorry if i rambled, but i have been at this for hours now, and it's
  very late here...

 Hope someone can help...
--

 David R. Tyler        //\\	       Tyler33@Snybufva.Bitnet
The Amiga Aquarium \\ //==\\	   dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (10/04/90)

In article <dave.4984@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us>, dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (David R. Tyler) writes:
>  sorry for the play on words, but this gadget thing is driving me nuts!
>
>  I am defining a screen full of BOOL gadgets, with Intuitext as the
>  main component and a double border, (one border structure chains into
>  another), to allow me to make a "3Dish" effect.
>
>  My problem is, i want most of these gadgets to be disabled or "GHOSTED"
>  until one of 2 gadgets is selected (that is, i want them disabled until
>  the user decides what he wants to do).
>
>  I have been setting the Gadget.Flags field to GADGDISABLED (when Created) and then
>  testing for those 2 gadgets (above), when they are selected, it was supposed
>  to UNGHOST all of them, (via OnGadget, and then a RefreshGList)...
>
>  the wierd thing is, only the BORDERS UNGHOSTED! The Text stayed Ghosted,
>  and you could select any of the gadgets (atleast that much worked!)
>
>  My Need is, HOW do i get this darn thing to UNGHOST the TEXT!?

What I did was pretty bodgy, but I never heard of better:
Before refreshing the gadgets, draw an area filled rectangle the size
of the gadget in background colour, then refresh. This removes the
residual screen hash from ghosting.

Regards Alan

vpopesc%neptune@calstatela.edu (valentin popescu 11-12-90) (11/22/90)

help

(In case this is not automagically processed, could you please tell
me if you still provide for subscribing to c.s.amy.tech by mail, and
if so, how?)