Date:         Wed, 21 Nov 90 23:55:08 EST
From:         Joel <LARA@YORKVM1>
Subject:      fast ram problems

I'm having this problem and I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this.
I have an A2000, A2058 Ram expansion with 4 megs, 1meg Super Agnus,
Qunatum HD with a Supra Wordsync interface.

My problem is this:

not always, but sometimes my computer wont access my fast ram, it only takes
from my chip.
I'm running a small utility that shows my CHIP/FAST ram thats available and I
can see my chip ram get used and fast just sitting there.

Like I said, sometimes it's fine and others its really weird.

Heres my startup-sequence:

supramount >NIL:
;c:SetPatch >NIL: ;patch system functions
c:SetPatch r >NIL:
addbuffers df0: 5
addbuffers df1: 5
cd c:
echo "A500/A2000 Workbench disk.  Release 1.3 version 34.20*N"
Sys:System/FastMemFirst >NIL: ; move C00000 memory to last in list
BindDrivers
SetClock load ;load system time from real time clock
FF >NIL: -0 ;speed up Text
resident CLI L:Shell-Seg SYSTEM pure add; activate Shell
resident c:Execute pure
mount newcon:
assign rexx: dh0:  ; for the use of VLT
assign st-00: dh1:
failat 11
run execute s:StartupII ;This lets resident be used for rest of script
wait >NIL: 5 mins ;wait for StartupII to complete (will signal when done)
SYS:System/SetMap usa1 ;Activate the ()/* on keypad
path ram: c: sys:utilities sys:system s: sys:prefs add ;set path for Workbench
LoadWB delay  ;wait for inhibit to end before continuing
run newshell
run c:virusx -r -n
runback dh0:system/badger -s
c:noclick2
endcli >NIL:
Can anyone see something that might not be right or have any other
explanations to what is happening?
as far as I can tell this was not happening before I installed the HD which
was 2 weeks ago.

The first line in the SS is a program for the HD to show my 2 partitions.

Joel.

Joel.Abram@Canremote.uucp

----------------------End Message--------------------------------------

Please try Joel.Abram@Canremote.uucp

           LARA@YORKVM1.BITNET          or

           lara@vm1.yorku.ca

If you must mail to me or it bounces please do so at (See .sig). Thanks.

||NeXT- (nekst) N. The only PC to have sold less than 10,000 units and ||
||                 not be considered a flop.                           ||
||---Brian Wright                    |     / /                         ||
||---s36666wb@etsuacad.etsu.edu      | \ \/ /  Only Amiga              ||
||---Commercial Artist and Amigaphile|  \/\/      Makes It Possible!!  ||