[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Cross-compiler from Sun to Amiga

ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au (Ian Rowlands) (11/22/90)

	Somebody wrote a message about using a version of gcc on a Sun to
compile Amiga programs. Could that person (or anybody who knows about it)
please e-mail me?

					Ian

Ian Rowlands - Elec. Engineering/Comp.Sc. student, University of Melbourne
Internet/Acsnet/Pubnet  :  labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr@munnari.oz.au
           OR           :  ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au
   UUCP Address         :  ...!uunet!munnari!labtam!eyrie!gpark!ianr
"Doctor!  My brain hurts!"   "It'll have to come out!!" - Gumby Surgery

etxwtg@kk101.ericsson.se (Per-Erik Westerberg TT/UG) (11/22/90)

ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au (Ian Rowlands) writes:

>	Somebody wrote a message about using a version of gcc on a Sun to
>compile Amiga programs. Could that person (or anybody who knows about it)
>please e-mail me?

Post it to this newsgroup.

--
--* Per-Erik Westerberg *------------------------------------------------------
USENET (UN*X) : etxwtg@kk.ericsson.se

micja@IDA.LiU.SE (Michael Jansson) (11/23/90)

As far as I know there is a gcc-port to the Amiga that consists of
programs for converting .o files on sun to .o on amiga (Manx). I have
tried it on my Amy and it sure converted the files that gcc generated to
something that Manx-linker was able to use.  I assume that those files
could have been compiled by gcc on a Sun too.

The gcc-port can be found at abcfd20 [128.155.23.64]. I don't
remember the name or the path to the gcc-package but it can be found
it the file called FILES.Z (it's a BIG file!).
#   Michael Jansson             |   \_/
#   Internet: mij@IDA.LIU.SE    |    V                   _|_
#   UUCP: uunet!liuida!mij      |    |    Absolut Software|
#   BITNET: mij@SELIUIDA        |   ~~~

hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Georg Hessmann) (11/23/90)

In article <etxwtg.659276662@kk101> etxwtg@kk101.ericsson.se (Per-Erik Westerberg TT/UG) writes:
>ianr@gpark.pub.uu.oz.au (Ian Rowlands) writes:
>

>>	Somebody wrote a message about using a version of gcc on a Sun to
>>compile Amiga programs. Could that person (or anybody who knows about it)
>>please e-mail me?
>
>Post it to this newsgroup.

OK, it's very easy to use a SUN gcc to compile a program for the AMIGA.
(If you have the MANX C-Compiler)

First, copy your MANX includes to the SUN.

Now, compile your program with the gcc. I use the following options:
-O -DAMIGA -mc68000 -msoft-float -fstrength-reduce -funsigned-char
-I. -I- -I../Include -c
gcc searches the <..> includes at ../Include.

Than, transform the UN*X object files with the 'sun2manx' program
of Markus M. Wild to MANX object files. Copy these files to your AMIGA
and link they with the MANX linker.

You can get the source of 'sun2manx' with the gcc port of Markus.

	Georg.

--
  hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de		hessmann@unipas.uucp