[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Commodities

GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Tyberghein Jorrit) (11/22/90)

Hi again,

  Why is it that all the commodities programs require so
much memory to run. Even the simple screen blanker eats
50 K away of my precious memory. Is there a good reason ?

                        Jorrit Tyberghein

skank@iastate.edu (Skank George L) (11/24/90)

In article <90326.100959GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be> Tyberghein Jorrit <GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:
>Hi again,
>
>  Why is it that all the commodities programs require so
>much memory to run. Even the simple screen blanker eats
>50 K away of my precious memory. Is there a good reason ?
>
>                        Jorrit Tyberghein

     I've been having trouble running Handshake V1.12(?) on the A3000 with both
Autopoint and ScreenBlanker running.  The program will occasionally crash and
burn, the hole works, black screen with flashing red box and blinking power
light.  It seems to work just fine when neither commodity is running.  I think
the problem is Autopoint, is anyone else having this problem?   Could any other
A3000 users using Handshake send me mail if you're having the same problem?
It doesn't always crash, just sometimes, so I'm still trying to determine what
the problem is.  Thanks!
                                    --George