[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Workbench 2.x...

mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) (11/22/90)

I got my A3000 a while back (Maybe 2 months) and recently the store told
me they had a new kickstart... Well, I compared the new to the old... They
were identical. How do I tell what version, exactly, I have? Which version
should I have? (Note: for refrence, these are ks 36.143/wb36.68)...
How do I tell which kickstart file I have?

And, on another issue: Why does kickstart for each version of Ados disable
the system: for the other Ados? It seems stuipid - I changed it so it wouldn't.
Is there a serious reason not to do this?

oh, well. I should probably get some sleep ;-)

--SeebS--
(NOT linda... My mom is nice, but we're sort of different)

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (11/27/90)

In article <2758@ux.acs.umn.edu> mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) writes:
>I got my A3000 a while back (Maybe 2 months) and recently the store told
>me they had a new kickstart... Well, I compared the new to the old... They
>were identical. How do I tell what version, exactly, I have? Which version
>should I have? (Note: for refrence, these are ks 36.143/wb36.68)...
>How do I tell which kickstart file I have?

Your Amiga 3000 was shipped with Kickstart 2.01 installed (36.143, wb 36.68).
Dealers in the United States have been sent 2.02 Update disks.  This disk
will update your Amiga to Kickstart 36.207, Workbench 36.69.

When you say "you compared the new to the old", what exactly did you mean?
You should copy the Update disk, insert in in your A3000, open the disk's
icon, and double-click on the installation icon.

--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com