[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Submitting bug reports

sutela@polaris.utu.fi (Kari Sutela) (11/26/90)

micke@slaka.sirius.se (Mikael Karlsson) writes:

>I can only agree with Alain. Here's my bug of the month:

[a rather amusing bug omitted]

>Anybody who doesn't have to call long distance overseas international
>terribly expensive is welcome to send a formal report on this.

Has somebody forbidden to use ordinary mail (like letters) for customer
support? Has worked quite well for me and I don't consider it too expensive
(about $.75 for overseas airmail). Just address your letters to Technical
Support or similar.

Of course, email support is nice but I wouldn't blame companies which won't
(can't) provide it.

--
Kari Sutela	sutela@polaris.utu.fi

forgeas@swinjm.UUCP (Jean-Michel Forgeas) (11/27/90)

In article <sutela.659610803@polaris>, Kari Sutela writes:

> micke@slaka.sirius.se (Mikael Karlsson) writes:
>
> >I can only agree with Alain. Here's my bug of the month:
> >[...]
>
> Has somebody forbidden to use ordinary mail (like letters) for customer
> support? Has worked quite well for me and I don't consider it too expensive
> (about $.75 for overseas airmail). Just address your letters to Technical
> Support or similar.
>
> Of course, email support is nice but I wouldn't blame companies which won't
> (can't) provide it.

Of course I wouldn't too. But:
Posting a bug report on the net makes it available to everybody.
If you mail or email I cannot see it, which would in some cases save
me from debug time.
--
                                     \___/
Jean-Michel Forgeas                   \-/