[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Is there a code profiler for Aztec 5.0?

rogers@iris.ucdavis.edu (Brewski Rogers) (11/26/90)

Hi, is there a code profiler for Aztec 5.0? I tried to use the one from
the old 3.6 disk, but it choked on the 5.0 output code.

thanks in advance

	-bruce

------------------------------------------------------          Quantum _\/_
2822 Ganges                Bruce (6502 RULES!) Rogers        |\  Duck  ( 0 0)
Davis, Ca 95616            Quantum Duck Software,           |\ \______/ / \\\
916-753-7158               rogers@iris.ucdavis.edu         |\ <  <     |   \/
Cinnamon, Rock Candy, or Sugar? decisions decisions.         \_________/  Quark!

wschmidt@phobix (Wolfram Schmidt) (11/28/90)

In article <9341@aggie.ucdavis.edu> rogers@iris.ucdavis.edu (Brewski Rogers) writes:
>Hi, is there a code profiler for Aztec 5.0? I tried to use the one from
>the old 3.6 disk, but it choked on the 5.0 output code.
[...]
Did you tell the compiler to optimize the link/unlink instructions?
The profiler needs them.

Wolfram Schmidt
--
ONLY valid email address: wschmidt@IAO.FhG.de (regardless of the Reply-To: line)
Wolfram Schmidt   Teckstr. 11   W-7056 Weinstadt   Germany   +49-7151/62408  MET

swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (11/29/90)

In article <9341@aggie.ucdavis.edu>, rogers@iris (Brewski Rogers) writes:
>Hi, is there a code profiler for Aztec 5.0?

Tom Rokicki recently posted the most recent version of his profiler to
BIX; I assume it works with 5.0 though in all honesty I haven't had
time to try it out yet.

In article <1990Nov28.233143.4209@csun.edu>, I wrote:

>Tom Rokicki recently posted the most recent version of his profiler to
>BIX; I assume it works with 5.0 though in all honesty I haven't had
>time to try it out yet.

And I just tried it and, no, it doesn't work with 5.0.  I'm looking at
the code and will correspond with Tom.  The main problem seems to be
that it never sees the __exit entry in the .sym file.
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
   I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!