[comp.sys.amiga.tech] ARP? file requestor and Aztec 5.0

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (12/02/90)

rodent@netcom.UUCP writes:
> Did the ARP people ever get around to supporting DOS 2.0 and Aztec 5.0?
> Or should I switch to another file requestor?  The 2.0 requestor isn't
> appealing since few ppl have it and it isn't redistributable.  The
> req.library has a glorious file req., but documentation/example source
> is hard to find (and the library is Large).

Look for "AztecArp" by Olaf Barthel, on Fred Fish Disk #376...[from readme]
"...fixed to work with the 5.0 release of the Aztec 'C' compiler.  The original
Manx support files were incomplete, contained bugs, and had the wrong linker
format."

Secondly, req.library "Large"?...it's only 18K.  Full documentation & example
source are available for version 2.5 of req.library...in fact, I'll ftp it to
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov, to /incoming/amiga as "reqlib2_5.lzh"...ok?  PS This
works with Aztec 5.x also.

rodent@netcom.UUCP (Richard Noah) (12/02/90)

  I recently went back to work on an old program I wrote with Lattice4.0
and tried to convert it to my current Aztec5.0.  Everything went fine
except the ARP file requestor.  The ARP includes were written with both
compilers in mind, but the object files you are supposed to link with
your program are apparently strictly Lattice.  This means I cannot
compile my program ever again, which is upsetting.

  Did the ARP people ever get around to supporting DOS 2.0 and Aztec 5.0?
Or should I switch to another file requestor?  The 2.0 requestor isn't
appealing since few ppl have it and it isn't redistributable.  The
req.library has a glorious file req., but documentation/example source
is hard to find (and the library is Large).  Is there anyone else I
overlooked?  I'm talking about sharable libraries here, not just file
req. code that someone wrote that can be compiled into my program, of
which I belive there are several in FISH alone.

Ben Discoe, caltech escapee and frustrated visionary borrowing this account
which may be killed at any moment.