[comp.sys.amiga.tech] AmigaVision help

jheald@hydra.unm.edu (Jerry Heald ) (12/03/90)

	- Need help with AmigaVision -

	I am trying to build an AmigaVision application with a menu that
has 13 selection choices.

	How do I get the function, response()=="10" to evaluate as true
for an IF-THEN-ELSE control icon? I keep getting short circuited by a
sibling IF-THEN-ELSE control icon with response()=="1".

	In summary, menu choices 1 through 9 work great but I cannot get
choices 10, 11, 12, or 13 to work.
--
Jerry Heald (505) 836-8640 (H) General Electric Co. Albuquerque, New Mexico
Internet: jheald@hydra.unm.edu

manes@vger.nsu.edu (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.033944.4777@ariel.unm.edu>, jheald@hydra.unm.edu (Jerry Heald ) writes:
> 	- Need help with AmigaVision -
>
> 	I am trying to build an AmigaVision application with a menu that
> has 13 selection choices.
>
> 	How do I get the function, response()=="10" to evaluate as true
> for an IF-THEN-ELSE control icon? I keep getting short circuited by a
> sibling IF-THEN-ELSE control icon with response()=="1".
>
> 	In summary, menu choices 1 through 9 work great but I cannot get
> choices 10, 11, 12, or 13 to work.

You need to tell us a bit more.  Perhaps a simple diagram showing how
you have placed your icons. I have not had a problem with the control
statements within AmigaVision.

> --
> Jerry Heald (505) 836-8640 (H) General Electric Co. Albuquerque, New Mexico
> Internet: jheald@hydra.unm.edu
> GEnie: J.HEALD

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 +--------+   ==================================================

gerber@leddev.enet.dec.com (Robert M. Gerber) (12/06/90)

Heald ) writes:

|>	- Need help with AmigaVision -
|>
|>	I am trying to build an AmigaVision application with a menu that
|>has 13 selection choices.
|>
|>	How do I get the function, response()=="10" to evaluate as true
Are you comparing the response to a string or a number?  You should be comparing
against a number if thatr is what you are expecting..... "10" usually refers to
a string.

|>for an IF-THEN-ELSE control icon? I keep getting short circuited by a
|>sibling IF-THEN-ELSE control icon with response()=="1".
|>
|>	In summary, menu choices 1 through 9 work great but I cannot get
|>choices 10, 11, 12, or 13 to work.
|>--
|>Jerry Heald (505) 836-8640 (H) General Electric Co. Albuquerque, New Mexico
|>Internet: jheald@hydra.unm.edu
|>GEnie: J.HEALD

---------
Robert M. Gerber		  UUCP:	...!decwrl!leddev.enet!gerber
				  INET:	gerber@leddev.enet.dec.com

Any opinions represented here are definetly not those of my employer.
Come to think of it, they may not be mine either!