[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A3000 SCSIdirect

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (12/08/90)

I am trying to get a tape drive working under 1.3 on my A3000.  Is there a
scsi-disk.device for this machine somewhere???  It does support SCSI-direct
doesn't it?  How?
--
-Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)

In <12611@milton.u.washington.edu>, dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:
>I am trying to get a tape drive working under 1.3 on my A3000.  Is there a
>scsi-disk.device for this machine somewhere???  It does support SCSI-direct
>doesn't it?  How?

Yes, there is. It's the scsi.device that is currently being used to run your
hard drive(s). It supports SCSDirect. The SCSIDirect command is documented in
scsidisk.h (or .i) in the includes.

You can start using it immediately if you pick up Jonathan Hue's 'tar' and
Markus Wandel's tape-handler.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.