[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Dnet Question

JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) (12/11/90)

I am having problems running Dnet on a SPARCserver 1+ running SUNOS4.1. The
code compiled with no problems, but things just do not seem to work. Fterm
operates correctly, but getfiles and putfiles do not seem to work. I have
been able to get Dnet to run correctly on another SUN machine just by
following the instructions that came with dnet. I have notice when I run
it on the one machine it spawns roughly 3 subprocesses. On the machine
that is giving me problems it spawns perphaps 1 subprocess. I know the
information I have given is vague, so if you there is more information I
can give I am more than willing. I am using an Amiga 1000 with a 2400baud
modem to connect.

Jonathan Swaby       jfs10@psuvm.psu.edu
                     jswaby@psusun01.psu.edu
                     swaby@zelinski.psu.edu

pm0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) (12/12/90)

In article <90345.101107JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) writes:
>I am having problems running Dnet on a SPARCserver 1+ running SUNOS4.1. The
>code compiled with no problems, but things just do not seem to work. Fterm
>operates correctly, but getfiles and putfiles do not seem to work. I have
>been able to get Dnet to run correctly on another SUN machine just by
>following the instructions that came with dnet. I have notice when I run
>it on the one machine it spawns roughly 3 subprocesses. On the machine
>that is giving me problems it spawns perphaps 1 subprocess. I know the
>information I have given is vague, so if you there is more information I
>can give I am more than willing. I am using an Amiga 1000 with a 2400baud
>modem to connect.
>
>Jonathan Swaby       jfs10@psuvm.psu.edu
>                     jswaby@psusun01.psu.edu
>                     swaby@zelinski.psu.edu

Did you add the drectory where getfiles and putfiles reside to your path?
Sometimes I lose the path for no apparent reason so I have to type
work:dnet/bin/getfiles -d <dest> -c <source>  to get it to work.

One other thing, if my memory serves me correctly, you also have to have a
directory which is not one of your subdirectories <I believe> which has
dnet.servers and dnet.config in it.

Hope this helped somewhat, it has been awhile since I set dnet up on mys
system.

Pat