[comp.sys.amiga.tech] wb2 rexx

david@walking.pub.uu.oz.au (David Le Blanc) (12/09/90)

While 'playing' with wb202 I noticed that 'rexx' scripts are executed
relative to their current directory, not yours.

Eg
/*
 * Script to run vi in the background
 */

parse arg param

address COMMAND

'changetaskpri 0'
'cd'
'run bin:z' param

The 'cd' command displays the path of the 'rexx:' directory, not your current
directory. HENCE, to use the script, you must pass the full PATH of the
file to be edited, not just the name.

Also, does anyone know if W.Hawes is working on an even better WShell? He
should (IMHO), since WShell is pretty much defunct with Wb2.0 ie (no access
to the 2.0 internally resident commands, file completion wont work unless
you use conman, but conman is now lacking in features compared to the new
console. (ALMOST everything that made it better has been implemented.
I still think it has a much superior line editor though. And I crave the
command line rexx thingies "do for 10; 'sound mmd'; end" :-))

    David Le Blanc    UUCP (home)   : eyrie!walking!david@labtam@munnari.oz
    david@walking     ACSNET (work) : david@dogmelb.dog@munnari.oz
                                      CSIRO Division of Geomechanics
    "Life? Dont talk to ME about life.. " :  Marvin the paranoid android.

NIV@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (12/11/90)

Lets put it this way,  I know for sure something is in the works
and you will love it if you liked the old WShell.

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (12/12/90)

In article <1854bb07.ARN1736@walking.pub.uu.oz.au> david@walking.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
>console. (ALMOST everything that made it better has been implemented.
>I still think it has a much superior line editor though. And I crave the
>command line rexx thingies "do for 10; 'sound mmd'; end" :-))

I'm sure Bill's working on an update, never fear.

In the meantime, you can do the command line rexx thing by saying

rx "do for 10; 'sound mmd'; end"

This works best if rx is made resident.

>    David Le Blanc    UUCP (home)   : eyrie!walking!david@labtam@munnari.oz

		andy

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the
 problem."